February 15, 2014

FEBRUARY'S AMARYLLIS


Have you ever grown an Amaryllis? Or Paper whites, better known as Narcissus? Every January or February, I cannot wait to start both of these flowering bulbs! I was browsing Target a few weeks ago, and came across this one which was on the clearance isle! Into the basket it went!



 Hmmm.....this was a left over Christmas item in the garden section, It was so neglected. Dried out and shriveled. The shoots had already begun to appear and they were not looking too promising. Very white and faded....just waiting to see daylight and have a drink of water!


I thought, oh well, I loved the pot and it was only six dollars!
So fingers crossed, we shall wait and see what transpires.
I was not certain if I could rescue it in time.


After a week and half, this is our progress! Looks like it may survive.
Perhaps I need to whisper sweet nothings to it every morning!



"Every gardener knows that under the
cloak of winter lies a miracle ...
a seed waiting to sprout, a bulb opening to the light,
a bud straining to unfurl.  
And the anticipation nurtures our dream."
- ~Barbara Winkler

4 comments:

  1. I love amaryllis. I'm sure it will thank you with beautiful blooms ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Terri....I hope so. I am hoping for a vibrant red lily!

      Delete
  2. Keep on whispering, it is working. I have several Amaryllis in pots, I adore them, they are red or red and white and when done blooming I set them aside in a little used room to rest. I water them once a month or so when they are resting.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.