February 14, 2014

CORNBREAD......OUR GUILTY PLEASURE

Him" "I'm going to be late....in a meeting."
 
Me: "K!"....thinking........what? I made cornbread...can't you smell this wonderful buttery aroma?
 
Lemme' splain' something ...you want to know a way to a man's heart?.....
 
Southern Cornbread Baby...it's that easy!
 

This is THE BEST cornbread you will ever make.....promise!


Hot buttered rice.
He will eat this anytime of day. Rice, rice,  baby!
 I cannot tell you how many jokes we have about The Darling and his rice........hundreds!
 

Nawlins' Red Beans and Rice.......I make it hot and spicy!
Just like The Darling.....
 
 OLD BILOXI CORNBREAD
2 cups Pioneer or Bisquick Baking Mix
6 T. cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup milk
 
Mix Baking mix, cornmeal and sugar together
Melt 1/2 cup butter in microwave
Add milk and eggs to melted butter and stir
Pour milk mixture into Pioneer Baking Mix mixture
Stir
Pour batter into an 8" x 8" greased baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes until golden brown
 
Feel free to serve hot with lots of butter and honey!
 
Oh yeah..............
 

2 comments:

  1. Butter and Honey is just how I like mine! These wintry days just call for cornbread and a nice pot of Cream of Spinach Soup! Hmmmm, can you guess what I'm making for tonight's dinner? Happy Valentine's Day, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentines Sweet Susan! What a wonderful combination that will be! I hope the soup turns out yummy Hope ya'll are enjoying snow.....or cold weather! We might as well have fun with it, right? Sending hugs!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.