April 21, 2013

TUNA CASSEROLE...IT WILL BE ALRIGHT

“Traveling is all very well if you can get home at night.
I would be willing to go around the world if
I came back in time to light the candles and set the table for supper.
I cannot conceivably influence the world's destiny,
but I can make my own life more worthwhile.
I can give some help to some people; that is not vital to all the world's problems and yet,
 I think if everyone did just that,
we might see quite a world in our time!”
~Gladys Tabor
 

This is one of my favorite quotes. With all of the past week's horrific events, I think we all need comforting.....a time to be quiet and be kind...to be thankful...to say a prayer for those that were so affected by tragedy.  
 
 
 
TUNA CASSEROLE
8 ounces egg noodles
1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
 1 can of small peas, drained
4 ounces mushrooms, drained (optional)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 (7 ounce) can tuna, with juice



 Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Mix all ingredients together in a large casserole dish, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top.
Bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote. Yes, it has been a horrible week and our prayers here go out to all those affected by the recent tragedies. Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.