March 28, 2013

SPRING FRUIT SALAD....OLD-FASHIONED GOODNESS

      While visiting Atlanta, The Divine Miss M and I took an afternoon and shopped at one of the local antique stores. Now in this store, you can find quality antiques, family heirlooms, oil paintings, silver, fine china and crystal and just plain ole'junk! I adore browsing through these types of stores because I most always come across something similar that my grandparent's owned. It brings me back to the days when we would visit Grandmother for holidays and the food was incredible! She had the most marvelous stove and oven unit very similar to this one. Oh honey, what I would not give to have this marvelous range! Now isn't this more interesting than a oven unit located in the wall of a kitchen? It is to me! This may be why I still use kitchen utensils that belonged to Mother and Daddy. Sometimes, old is best..like my mothers rolling pin or my Dad's spatula which flipped many a pancake...they tell a love story!

      This fruit salad is a favorite of ours from Grandmother Grace. Everyone will ask for the recipe....it's easy to prepare and colorful...perfect for any occasion!

       





      Thank you Grandmother Grace for this wonderful recipe!
 
 
SPRING FRUIT SALAD
1 (29- ounce) cans peach slices, undrained
1 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks, undrained
1 (3 1/8 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
1 lb strawberries, stemmed and quartered
1 banana, sliced
1/2 pint blueberries
1 bunch grapes
1 -2 tablespoon sugar

 

In a large bowl, combine peaches, pineapples, and vanilla pudding mix. This includes the juices from the cans. Mix well until pudding is dissolved. Stir in strawberries, banana, blueberries, grapes, and sugar if desired. Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.