July 29, 2012

Greeting Cards....The Second Time Around


I realize that technology is replacing sending a greeting card to those you love and are thinking about. A Happy Birthday wish, a Get Well Soon, A Sympathy Prayer or Just Stopping By To Say Hello, can now be sent via email, facebook or some other form of social media. Call me old-fashioned, but nothing can replace sending a beautiful greeting card through the USPS and telling those you love that you are keeping them in your thoughts.

There is something sad about tossing out old greeting cards. I am afraid I could be considered somewhat of a hoarder when it comes to saving birthday cards, anniversary cards and Christmas cards. I tie them in pretty bows and tuck them into drawers for safe keeping. But eventually, someday, someone will come along and toss them out once I am no longer here. So, I thought of taking these lovely memories and reinvent their purpose. I took old scrapbooking paper, ribbon and cards and just had some fun creating pretty bookmarks or I have tucked them into gifts with a personal note on the back. It would be a fun project to do with children and grandchildren. Wonder where your creativity will take you?















No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.