The books chosen for this season's collection
have been carefully selected...
they will calm the mind and are beneficial to the soul..
all stories take place in a gentler time, where the characters
are purposeful, caring and the world was more settled
Let's get cozy...
a steady pattern of rain against the windows, the low golden slant of afternoon light
and the scent of damp leaves, mixed with old paper.....
and the scent of damp leaves, mixed with old paper.....
-.JPG)
It's time to curl up with a good book, a cozy throw
and spend a fall afternoon reading and sipping cranberry tea...
I adore vintage books and thought you might enjoy
seeing what I added to my collection this season...
It's time to curl up with a good book, a cozy throw
and spend a fall afternoon reading and sipping cranberry tea...
I adore vintage books and thought you might enjoy
seeing what I added to my collection this season...
I find the world a bit unsettling and overwhelming these days,
so I carefully select vintage books that will take you back
to a calming, more gentler time of life....
I recently discovered the series of books entitled
"MISS READ", which is the penn name for
a lifelong country village school teacher named Dora Sprint.
Her series of over 40 books were published in England.
This book will take you back to the english countryside
and you will become familiar with the residents
in Fairacre...it has charm, drama and humor as the author
takes you through her life of teaching in the crisp
and glistening autumn season..
so I carefully select vintage books that will take you back
to a calming, more gentler time of life....
I recently discovered the series of books entitled
"MISS READ", which is the penn name for
a lifelong country village school teacher named Dora Sprint.
Her series of over 40 books were published in England.
This book will take you back to the english countryside
and you will become familiar with the residents
in Fairacre...it has charm, drama and humor as the author
takes you through her life of teaching in the crisp
and glistening autumn season..
The second series of MISS REED, aka, Dora Saint, focuses os
Dorothy Watson and Agnes Fogerty, who both leave their village
and purchase a lovely new home at Barton-On-Sea.
This tells the story of old friends, meeting new friends and
their ability to overcome their fears of aging as retired teachers.
The author first began writing after WWII.
She writes with memories of visits to the Cotswold countryside....
...Her stories in these books bekon the reader to
spend time with warmth and soul-satisfying stories....
I became familiar with the paintings and life of Andrew Wyeth while
living in MAINE...
we visited his museum which is located in Cushing, Maine and it
living in MAINE...
we visited his museum which is located in Cushing, Maine and it
was indeed delightful...
This is a beautifully illustrated book telling us the
story of how Andrew, known as "Andy" to many,
grew up the youngest of five children in a very
talented family.
He described himself as a loner...
It's interesting to see how life experiences and
surroundings, influenced one of the greatest artists
of the twentieth century...a beautiful addition
to the collection!
Andrew Wyeth's art pieces are nothing short of extraordinary,,,
story of how Andrew, known as "Andy" to many,
grew up the youngest of five children in a very
talented family.
He described himself as a loner...
It's interesting to see how life experiences and
surroundings, influenced one of the greatest artists
of the twentieth century...a beautiful addition
to the collection!
Andrew Wyeth's art pieces are nothing short of extraordinary,,,
And, of course you know I had to add a fabulous cookbook to the list
and this vintage book is cozy, chocked full of marvelous recipes
and vignette stories of heartwarming memories.....
When the leaves start to fall and the temperature begins to drop,
it's time to cozy up with comfort food that
takes full advantage of the season's flavors.
From squash and root vegetables to cranberries and quince
to hearty, savory dishes, Autumn Gatherings
will help you make the most of this season's natural bounty.
and this vintage book is cozy, chocked full of marvelous recipes
and vignette stories of heartwarming memories.....
When the leaves start to fall and the temperature begins to drop,
it's time to cozy up with comfort food that
takes full advantage of the season's flavors.
From squash and root vegetables to cranberries and quince
to hearty, savory dishes, Autumn Gatherings
will help you make the most of this season's natural bounty.
Warm Applesauce Muffins were enjoyed by all....
Thank you for stopping by today and I do hope
you found something that caught your eye.....
HAPPY AUTUMN
you found something that caught your eye.....
HAPPY AUTUMN


No comments:
Post a Comment
I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.