April 12, 2021

A WEEK IN APRIL....FOOD FARE, GUEST ROOM and OUTDOOR LIVING


It was just a beautiful week here in the great state of Texas!

Hello kindred spirits.....how in the world are y'all doing today?
It's been awhile since I have done a recap of a
"day in the life" post, so here are snippets of life
at Estelle's recently........

 

I have added new touches to the princess room
in order to transform it to a summer look....
It's the first time I have added blue and white to this room
and I just love it!
I added a new diffuser to the breakfast tray
which is from the Magnolia line....adorable packaging!



I have always loved Laura Ashley bedding and this quilt set
was quickly the inspiration piece for this bedroom!
I also purchased this beautiful soft blue throw and
a few velvet throw pillows....
the blue ceramic candle is also from Magnolia and believe me,
the scent is just marvelous!


I also hung this soft artwork which belonged to my parents...
this room is soft, feminine and soothing.....

The darling still enjoys an afternoon of
of puzzle solving....I bought him this one,
which is just beautiful......

I always look forward to sprucing up the patio
for summer.....which always begins with a back door wreath!

We also plant new bulbs and seeds in the huge pots
around the pool area....




I think it's so very important to create an outdoor
space where you can relax and enjoy nature!

What's new in Estelle's kitchen?
A beautiful new placemat from The Pioneer Woman...
she added this beautiful cream woven placemat
to her line of braided mats...I have her red one,
as well as her turquoise mat!

FOOD FARE


I love spending an afternoon baking....
to begin with, it was Mother's Dilly bread......
oh heavenly days.....the aroma.......

Next up, Banana Nut Muffins......

And finally, the Strawberry Rhubarb Oat Bars........


Summer's around the corner and life is beginning
to return to normal.....hope you enjoy your week.....






1 comment:

  1. I always love to see how you are beautifying your home, Betsy! This year I am working on plans for a patio area at my cottage home, so I was happy to see your seating area outside. I love it. Comfortable, and set up for conversation! Very much what I am wanting!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.