February 23, 2021

WINTER HYGGE...WHIPPING CREAM BISCUITS




As Texas returns to normal...slowly but surely....
we are so thankful for all of you who reached out
and left such heartfelt and kind comments on my previous post!
We are so touched and so grateful to have connected with each
and every one of you......
how kind and lovely you are......


Practicing hygge does not require lavish expenditures.
It is about the experience.......

 
Paula's Whipping Cream Biscuits
2 cups Self-Rising flour
1 T. sugar
1 1/2 cups whipping cream

Combine ingredients and blend gently together.
Roll dough out on a floured surface and cut with biscuit cutter.
Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes or until light golden brown!

One of the core concepts of hygge, is to be cozy,
comfortable and happy inside your own home.....

Serve with cold pats of butter and your favorite jam....
today, I used Red Currant Jam!

Hygge is about returning to simple values and simple pleasures....
what can be more comforting than a breakfast of hot,
homemade biscuits on a winter morning.......


One of the attributes of hygge is to slow down
and take your time to be present in your daily life,
enjoying the little things that come your way.......

There is nothing more beautiful and lovely to look at
than our beautiful Mae Mobley relaxing in a sun puddle.....
This is finding coziness and happiness within......




7 comments:

  1. I love a good biscuit, and those look delicious. I like the concept of hygge. I like your thoughts on it, and that is how I like to enjoy my life. Aware, cozy, welcoming, friendly, caring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are safe and well. I have prayed for Texas. Such a hardship on so many....and at this tough time . Stay warm and safe. I love when pets look for a sunny spot to rest. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy things are getting back to normal! Our oldest daughter and her family live in McKinney and fared better than some folks. She sent me a picture of her husband wearing shorts and walking the dogs...actually the dogs ride in their buggy as the oldest one can't handle long walks. The biscuits look yummy. Your measuring spoon is so cute. Do you recall where you bought it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! The measuring spoons were from Pier One a few years ago! They still have an online store and I believe Pioneer Woman has some that are similar!

      Delete
  4. Everything you do is so lovely, warm and cozy. Our grandson is staying with us for a few days. When he walked in the door he said "Grandma, your house is so homey." That was the best compliment. He's a homebody just like me and it makes me happy he feels so comfortable and happy to be here. I'm so happy that things are returning to normal in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if I ever get to have a second life I want to come back a luxurious kitty like Mae Mobley in a hygge home like yours! you practice hygge year round! and I'm sure the Danes probably do too. it's why they're so happy!
    I was so touched by the compliment that Ellen's little grandson gave her! children Notice. more than we think they do!
    I think your Luke the Duke is like that. he Appreciates! what wonderful husbands they'll make! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been seeing these everywhere! They certainly look delicious. I may have to give them a try because I have some lemon curd calling my name.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.