January 1, 2021

A BRAND NEW YEAR .....MAKE A WISH FOR THE WORLD


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021

Well, hello Loves....how in the world is everyone doing today?
We are bidding farewell to 2020 and ushering in a brand new year!
I know we must all feel the same....anxious anticipation, perhaps?
I decided to leave the Christmas tree up for as long as I want to....why not?
It brings happiness seeing the twinkling lights each day......
I will say 2020 certainly has shown us what really matters in life!


This is the look of the greenbelt....I am always amazed at the look
as different seasons roll around....


There are a few squirrels who have discovered the delicious delights
of pumpkin.....placed in the gardens from Autumn.....


I am organized....all the Christmas decor is cleared
and placed in the dining room where they will be
carefully packed, put into bins and taken upstairs for storage.


The good news is I can take all the time I need to do this....
Covid is rising in our area, so it looks like we will be isolating
at home for some time to come......

For the week following Christmas day, I made a final batch
of Chex Mix...this always reminds me of holidays
at Mother and Daddy's...sort of a tradition and I can picture
the moments and hold them dear......


I was gifted two beautiful candles from our youngest....
and am in love with both...the scent ,the look....and thought.....


Isn't this just beautiful...the color is exquisite and will be perfect
for one of the upstairs bathrooms!


Our darling Luke the Duke bought Christmas gifts for all and
he chose this beautiful scented soap for me, Maine Grandma...
just a sweet and lovely gift.....honestly this melted my heart!


Miss M was so generous in gifting me four gorgeous cookbooks.....

Along with this BEAUTIFUL Kitchen Aid mixing bowl!!!!


So, as it seems I will be cooking and baking new recipes in the coming year,
I thought I would enjoy a new apron!

This has been my afternoon treat....good for body, mind and spirit......

NEWS FROM THE HOMEFRONT...the darling has officially retired!

This is life changing....we are the writers of our own life....
it will be an adventure and yes, it can also be a bit unsettling....
but I have no doubt, we will find our way!
Happy New Year...let us have HOPE, FAITH and
continue to be grateful for our blessings!


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your darlings' retirement! Enjoy!

    Your kitchen aid bowl is gorgeous, and I'm sure those cookbooks will be handy with being at home so much.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your Beloved on his retirement. You're going to love it!

    Your place in Blogdom is so calming and pleasant. Love each photo and your gifts. (I'm going to be looking for such a beautiful Kitchenaid bowl) and the video with the water pouring into the cup...ahhhhh.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend. It's been too long since I've been here, but still so impressed with your beautiful blog. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Louis Dean says all 'retired' means is that you get tired all over again!
    I know you two will have so much fun together!!
    Your gifts are all lovely and so perfectly 'you.'
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year darling Betsy!
    it took me a minute to realize Miss Mae was sitting there under the tree!
    and I think it's grand that you're keeping it up for awhile.
    and that you are relaxing about putting all the Christmas treasures away for another year.
    this new year will surely bring a new sense of freedom and what's truly important in our lives!
    and btw... your new banner is wonderful! thank you for this fabulous blog of yours! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and yours! I did the same as you did, well you gave me the idea really to put Christmas on dining table and then pack in bins. Great idea as I am going to wrap them and then let husband take to attic. Congratulations on your husband officially retiring. My husband retired two years ago. He is now working part time for the agency. It seems more than ever. He enjoys it though it seems and can work from home. Your video of the chocolate and that delicious whipped topping is giving me an idea and I think I will make me a cup now. I know it won't look as good as yours does though. I love watching these little videos. Happy New Year! Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on hubby's retirement. It's a change that takes a bit of adapting to- at least it was for us. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with family...that's really what is important. Covid is rampant here right now, too, and we are super careful because of John's health.
    Praying you and your family have a safe and happy 2021. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your husband's retirement! I loved it when I retired and I hope he does too. What nice gifts you received. Everything looks beautiful. I am taking Christmas down too. But my snowmen are going up I always decorate with snowmen in January. Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.