October 22, 2020

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? KIELBASA RICE PILAF AND STRAWBERRY ANGEL CAKE


Would you look at this?
Oh heavenly days....
I have been waiting sooooo very long
to see a sight such as this at the
entrance to the grocery store.....
just made me so darn happy!!!!

Today's recipes were recommended
by two of my You Tube gals
and they both sounded easy and delicious...
just what I was looking for for the darling and me
last weekend!
The crockpot recipe comes from
Mandy in the Making!

This recipe is just about perfect for an easy
weekend meal when you want to pull out
your crockpot and don't feel like cooking
all afternoon. Fall is the best time to utilize
a crockpot, especially if you are busy mother,
like our sweet Miss M over in Hot-Lanta!


This uses canned green beans, onion, garlic,
vegetable broth
dry onion soup mix, kielbasa and one box of rice mix.

Slice one yellow onion and place this in
the bottom of your crockpot.
Then take 2 or 3 cans of green beans, drained
and put a layer of the beans over the sliced onion.
Next sprinkle the dry onion soup over all.


Pour 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth over the onions and beans.


Saute the sliced kielbasa with minced garlic...
layer this over the beans.
Cook on low for 6 hours.


Prepare the boxed rice, (I used Rice Pilaf) separately 
while the beans and sausage are cooking.

Spoon the rice onto your serving dish
then top with the hot onion, beans and sausage!
Smells heavenly and dinner is served!

Now, this next recipe is known to be a family favorite
at Arlynn's Country Craft Corner and she
makes this for her Dad every time he comes to
visit them in their beautiful Virginia home.
It's a light, fresh Strawberry Shortcake!

Buy an Angel Food cake at your supermarket bakery.
Break it into pieces and layer this in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Dissolve a large box of Strawberry jello in 1 cup of boiling water.

Take one 16 ounce carton of frozen strawberries, which have been thawed
and add the juice to the dissolved jello.
Add enough water to this mixture to equal 2 to 2 1/2 cups..
them stir in the thawed strawberries....mix well.
Pour this entire strawberry mixture over the angel food cake
and gently press the cake in to the juice.

Top the cake with one carton of Cool Whip.
Refrigerate, covered, for 4-6 hours, before serving.

I have made note to add this to our menu when we
go on our next family beach vacation.....which we are
hoping to schedule for 2021!
This is seriously delightful...thank you for sharing Arlynn!

Easy, minimal ingredients and so delicious....
Are y'all into afternoon naps like we are?






 

7 comments:

  1. I love that video music. ☺️ Miss Mae was willing to play along up to a point. Sometimes I enjoy an afternoon nap. 💤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two GREAT recipes. I have made a very similar cake recipe and it was delicious. My hubby would love the crockpot recipe. I am always looking for easy crockpot recipes this time of year. Thanks!
    I hope yuo have a wonderful Thursday! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the video!!! Sweet! SWEET!!
    Thank you for that recipe with the green beans. Sounds like something we would like.
    I have been making the Angel Food cake thing since 1969! Except after the Jello sets up some, I mix that and the Cool Whip in with the torn cake. This is especially good when I am not feeling well. Just right and light! And always a perfect Summer time dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That strawberry dessert sounds delicious anytime! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mae is such a sweetheart! I love keilbasa and am going to put one on my grocery list for today! That strawberry shortcake recipe looks so good! I bet its refreshing and light! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks delicious! And I love the view of the grocery store! It's funny because today I was walking in my neighborhood and there was a house that was completely decorated for Christmas!!!! They have 5 kids and it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made this in the slow cooker yesterday and was liked by all :)

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.