September 10, 2020

DECORATING A DOUGH BOWL FOR AUTUMN

Hello Loves...
I am proud to say that we have real Fall-like weather today!!!
 It is a mere 64 degrees as we speak...oh it's a gift, a true gift!!!
So.....that gave me just the incentive I needed to continue
the joyous task of decorating for Fall....
my sister tells me that I seem to have been decorating
for months now.....not quite, but I will admit to perhaps
the past several weeks.....

So, today, I wanted to do something with my wooden dough bowl....
I love, love, love this bowl....it's rustic and so organic feeling.....
you know my rule of thumb....
a bit of old and a bit of new....always incorporating
an heirloom piece with a bit of modern!

I love to keep this look simplistic...just a few pieces
for a lovely centerpiece....
I decided to use one of Grandmother's lace doilies
along with one or two pumpkins.

For the florals, 
I chose the brown eucalyptus stems
and three of these lacy ivory and deep green picks....

I was not quite sure which pumpkin was going to look best,
so I had to place both of them in the bowl and play around a bit
until I decided which one, or both, was more appealing
for the rustic look I had in mind....
the texture of both, along with their neutral color was perfect...
the smaller one being of woven texture and the larger one
made with a distressed wood......


I love the texture of this pumpkin which is actually
part of a trio set from Hobby Lobby....


But in the end, the wooden pumpkin won out....
I adore the stem on this pumpkin....

And, there you have it...the finished look...
it's so pretty and so simplistic.....
rather calming in appearance.....

The great thing about this type of decor piece, is the versatility
of creating different looks...whatever strikes your fancy at the time.....
this one uses a new velvet buffalo plaid pumpkin and the
addition of an additional fall pick.....


This is how I utilized the bowl last year
and the centerpiece featured cinnamon scented pinecones
and a rustic metal Jack-O'-Lantern....

I so hope that you are having as much fun as I am
in decorating with all your decor favorites and
getting into the spirit of the Autumn season.....



5 comments:

  1. Oh so many cute way to use your bowl. I love that white pumpkin , with the flower stems. You are enjoying your decorating, so that is wonderful. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love decorating for autumn. I like seeing how others decorate and the process of settling on a design. It was fun to see your process! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful colors... and I love the rustic bowl.
    the little video as usual is magical and melancholy in a way. so appropriate for Autumn!
    I love everything about this season. and you've captured it. looking at the misty rain through the window...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The contrast between your lace doily and your dough bowl is lovely. You have such a great eye. I love the music in your video. It feels like a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send the cool weather over one state east, please. We're still hot and humid as the front just hasn't made it here yet...so close! Really, really LOVED this simple post about how you decorated your bowl so simply. FAB!!!

    BTW, in addition to the cooler weather, please send me some strength over this way, too. I'm going to start my fall (Halloween, really) decorating any day. I have to drag out all the summer stuff and lug in all the Halloween. Mercy, as the years have gone by it's turned into a MAJOR chore for this old gray mare. But I guess until I'm shipped off to the soap factory I'll do my best to keep it up. Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.