May 26, 2020

MY BEEF ENCHILADAS AND QUARANTINED LIFE



SELF PORTRAIT DURING QUARANTINE


My sweet friend Janey requested this recipe...
so I wanted to share my version of this recipe!


Now, during this time, I often alter a recipe since I use
what I have on hand, since we are doing limited grocery trips...
these were marvelous and provided us two dinners....
making six enchiladas....

I used 1 cup of salsa, not enchilada sauce.
I used only one pound of ground beef.
I added one diced poblano pepper to the ground beef mixture
and a little less onion.
I also topped the enchiladas before baking, with fresh tomato
and fresh green onions.  


8 comments:

  1. To be honest, I am so over cooking every night. I think I'll try this recipe for something different. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betsy,

    I LOVE the quarantine self-portrait!!! :D :D So funny! That's the way I look right about now (with my clothes on, though). All we do is eat, and eat all the wrong things, at that.

    Your enchiladas look much tastier than the picture on the website. Yum!! I've already pinned the recipe. Too bad we had Mexican last night. I'm glad to know that you and your hubby are doing well. This year will certainly be one for the history books, won't it?

    Thank you for sharing your recipe, Betsy, and have a lovely day.

    Warm hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gal is doing a great balancing act! 😁 Yes, we get creative as needed. You are doing a better job of it than I. The enchiladas look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heavens, I think I look just like the first picture, my butt may be bigger now with eating more!!!! I got such a big laugh out of that. Your recipe, so thankful for because I need something different to eat and have done so with just about everything out there, except not made enchiladas. betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious!!
    That self portrait!!! Oh, my!!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound really good! YUM!!! I am on a salad kick right now because it has been hot and humid here. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the self portrait!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.