April 13, 2020

EASTER 2020...A BIT DIFFERENT THIS YEAR



In observance of Good Friday, 2020
My mother bought me this angel when my father passed away.
She also bought one for herself, my sister and the Hospice nurses
who cared for him.....


It's rather quiet....so strange that the children
and grandchildren will not be coming for the Easter dinner.....


I made a much smaller portion of the Deviled Eggs...
but it simply isn't Easter without deviled eggs.....


I believe that I have enjoyed this garden angel
more than any other home decor this month...
just what we all need during this strange time we find
ourselves in.....


My coconut cake turned out beautifully....
the best one I have ever made!
I marked this recipe to use for holidays from this
day forward...actually two different recipes,
one for the cake and a different one for the icing!


All the food was divine and even though
it was just the darling and me, we certainly
enjoyed the day and felt very blessed to be well
and have delicious food to enjoy!
The early morning rain had moved on and
the sun was shining for the rest of the afternoon!


Luke had a ball dying Easter Eggs...
I was so happy he still enjoyed this Easter tradition!


Miss M uses Grandmother Estelle's teal hobnail footed dish
every year for her Easter table....she would have loved this!


Looks like the Easter Bunny dropped off a beautiful
Easter basket for The Duke complete with a beautiful puzzle...


Miss M's showstopper sweet ending was a lovely
angel food cake with sprinkle frosting
and fresh strawberries!


Out in California, the kiddos
wrapped up in jackets and enjoyed their
gorgeous courtyard......
Jenn always does a fantastic job decorating
and making their home so pretty....


True to his Texas roots,
Greg was up at 4;00 AM to
put their brisket on the smoker...
I'll bet that smelled heavenly....

We connected with all the children via Zoom...
I think everyone is a bit weary of the 
stay at home orders,,now going into a good month...
however, we are all healthy and blessed with
our homes, food and our love for each other....
I'll tell you, I agree with our dear friend Janey....
there is a lesson in all of this and I hope we are all
listening.....I hope we come out of this
with a renewed awakening////
I hope you all enjoyed a very blessed Easter 2020/

8 comments:

  1. Your meal looked wonderful, Betsy. We had a similar meal, and I set a pretty table, too. Easter, especially, is worth celebrating even with fewer people at your table. I love that teal hobnail footed dish! I've never seen that color before. Gorgeous.

    I agree with what you wrote in your last paragraph! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Easter meal looked yummy, especially the beautiful coconut cake. The angel is such a perfect addition to your table. Take care; this too shall pass (if only we knew when!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning, I love the Bunny what a sweet treasure to have! And I also think the angel is so vintage looking! We also had a different dinner with everyone in their own homes! But as you said we were so thankful to be healthy and blessed!
    Have a great week! Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Easter, and everyone else’s, looked wonderful to me. Yes, coming to the end of the time I am willing to give this isolation. But may the next few weeks work to flatten the curve. Hang in there and I will, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Easter looks delicious. How blessed we are to have the technology to connect with one another during these challenging times. I agree with your friend, there are lessons to be learned and hope that we all listen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you cooked and made the day special. Me, not so much. I ate two hot dogs for lunch. Then an hour later my neighbor brought over a big plate of their Easter dinner and Louis Dean and I had that for lunch today. So happy you could all share in the Easter Sunday togetherness even though not in person. We do have so much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwe...I saw the name janey in your post and thought, "How funny, she knows another one!" Until I realized that was me!!!! So crazy...the night of the pink super moon, when I took sweet Poppy Pearl out for her nightly ritual, the moon was just coming over our tree line and I actually fell to my knees. It was the Tuesday night before Good Friday and I felt like the light of the moon was invading my soul with the light of God. We had a long talk about all that's happening in our world and I truly felt like His words were giving me a literal shock to realize that this is just a warning. That if we don't begin acting like he taught us to...with love and respect....that everything we love would come crashing in around us. I plan to do more to help this world in some way to make that Love and Respect be more realized even if it just means starting with my family, friends and community.
    My son, who's had heart surgery and ARDS in recent yrs, started having chest pains last week. He's on a tele-conference call right now with his doctors in Houston. prayers would be so appreciated.
    And chuckling a bit while reading your post....I had just sat down with a plate of deviled eggs for my breakfast! And no, did not get to devil for my kids and grandbabies either this yr...they LOVE them...but had bought lots of eggs at beginning of quarantine and needed to use them. I do not throw anything away anymore! So yesterday, I deviled a dozen eggs all just for me....and thought of Easters of past!!
    Finally....I am holding back a few tears looking at the angel your mom gave you....Easter of 96 was the day Hospice first came to stay with my mom and she had an angel in her room that I grabbed onto and didn't let it leave my side until the day she died the next month. I'm looking at that angel as I type this.

    Your posts always resonate with my life so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Janey for sharing this wonderful and meaningful comment...you are just marvelous! Big hugs from a distance....

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.