April 16, 2020

APRIL ANNIVERSARIES AND FINDING WAYS TO RELIEVE ANXIETY


Hello Loves....
how in the world are y'all doing this week?
Well...I am going to be very real...
I have worry and anxiety over our current state of affairs...
"when is this going to be over?"....we all ask....
I think Governor Cuomo is right when he replied,
"It's over when we have a vaccine!"
I am nervous over that too....
To me, this virus is a big UNKNOWN....
this has effected all of my family's jobs and yes,
some of them have known people personally who
have been infected with the virus and a few have lost their life..
it really hits home....
May the good lord bless us all......

Here are a few things from our home to yours
to share from the past week.....


The Divine Miss M and her sweet husband Jay
celebrated 20 years of marriage...


Their days are extremely busy with two parents working
from home and Luke continuing with his virtual schooling...
this stack line was a Christmas gift from a year ago
and they finally put it up for a little outdoor entertainment...
two hours of work for about 20 minutes of play......


Nick and Cat celebrated another wedding anniversary......


I will say how proud I am of our son
for finding creative ways to make their anniversary
quite romantic and just plain fun!
Steaks were purchased from Del Frisco's
and he said they were amazing!


These two boys must have been part of the 
furloughed wait staff........


There is nothing quite as nice as sitting around
an evening fire .......so comforting....


I received a text showing me that they were putting
their Pannini Press to good use....
a birthday gift from years ago....
makes a fabulous Cuban sandwich!!!!

Around the house......


I changed up a few decor items here and there....
I put away all the winter pillows and throws
and brought out fresh ones for going into Summer......


The darling moved his at home office from the kitchen
to the formal dining room....
he is so considerate NOT to set up in HIS real office
so I can have access to our computer...
I just want him to be comfortable and have privacy
for all his numerous conference calls....


Lunch has been easy...
this day was Chicken and Rice Soup...
this is comfort food to me.....and him!


One of the best dinners was
Mushroom Cheeseburgers with a wedge salad


And....I made the HEB
Green Chili Chicken Spaghetti...this was fabulous!
Nick makes huge portions of this for Noah's
football team in the fall....
I wonder how that's going to go next year.....
it's his senior year and I feel things will be
very different with whatever the new normal looks like.....


And...thank goodness for BLUE BELL....
I have been craving ice cream....
now this will put a smile on your face, right?


I have been pampering myself with feel good
beauty products....
A few weeks ago, during a conference call,
I overheard participants talking about the lack of items
found at the grocery and one of them mentioned hand soaps...
I took advantage of the Bath and Body sale of their foaming
hand soaps, which I normally stock up when they are on sale!


I so look forward to an evening bubble bath
and added a few items to make spa time...extra special...
like a lighted candle......


Smells heavenly.....


Now THIS product I love....
thank you Amazon!


Our girl Mae Mobley is a gift...everyday...
I could not love her more.....

I plan to get the patio ready for Summer
on May 1st...new outdoor rug, pillows, plants
and a little fountain.....
weather permitting of course...
Texas can get pretty scary storms during the month of May....

I then thought,,,,, I want to throw a family party
to celebrate the beginning of Summer.....
the first of June....barbecue, cocktails, swimming,
snacks, grandchildren....
BUT....I doubt that will be possible....


I miss seeing their faces....hugging them...talking with them
in person....I know you probably are feeling the same....
Well....it's fun to think about isn't it?
Feel well and be well my friends.....
Sending you a big distant hug!!

9 comments:

  1. It sure is a different world these days. I so want it all to be over. And when I hear our mayor say to expect to be in shutdown for another 18 months I just want to cry. I think that can't be true because it would destroy our economy. I like what you are doing to make things better. Beautiful things and little splurges sure help. I especially like your son's anniversary celebrations. How beautiful! And great little waiters too. Be well and stay safe. I don't think I will ever take things for granted again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy....who ever thought we would be in this state? Thank you for your kind words and I wish you health and happiness....be well and thank you also for sharing your Easter!

      Delete
  2. Good Morning, I think you are handling this very well, this truly is something none of us has experienced!
    We need to stay positive and take care of what we have! Take pleasure in the simple things!
    I love how you make everything so elegant!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey....good morning Roxy...hope things are well with you and those you love! It's a beautiful spring day here and I just saw the most beautifu cardinal....perhaps a visit from my mother in heaven...warm hugs from Texas!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for your post today ❤️. I have followed you for a long time, but I have never commented before. During these trying times, I wanted you to know how much I appreciate your taking time to post.
    xo,
    Shirley

    PS My son went to Texas A&M, also and he lives in Houston now...I miss him, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Shirley....I am so glad you shared today and so appreciate your visit and your comments....we love our Aggie families! Hugs and blessings to you and those you love!

      Delete
  4. It is hard to plan anything these days and I too wonder what the new normal will look like. I think that it is going to take a long time for people to feel safe, not about being with their families but about flying, going on holiday, etc.

    Continue to look for the joy and good in everyday, there is so much to be grateful for. Take care my dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth....I so appreciate your blog and all your wonderful and creative posts. I so hope you are doing well and having a good spring....or the best we can...some pretty days are surely ahead! Warm hugs!

      Delete
  5. Girl...no truer words ever spoken than...Blue Bell ice cream is helping me get thru these days...!
    When I finally get to hug my grand babies, I may NEVER let them go.

    Your son did good...Del Friscos...yum!
    Oh...to sit INSIDE a restaurant. Or go inside a grocery store and shop the aisles. I know I know..first world problems but I just wanna go somewhere!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.