October 27, 2019

APPETIZERS FOR YOUR FALL GATHERINGS

The leaves are falling signaling the return of Autumn days
and this is a reminder that it is the ideal time to entertain
with a simple, intimate gathering with family and friends.
We had a perfect fall weekend which was rainy and cold....
just as October should be.....
time for corduroy and jackets....oh heavenly days....


The youngest of the family was visiting from Austin
and of course, the guest bedroom was transformed 
into a cozy fall look with new bedding and throws....
I treated him to a breakfast of buttermilk pancakes and crispy bacon....
then we celebrated the season with a little appetizer party....
I was actually trying out two new appetizers I wanted
to include for Thanksgiving and wanted to have
the boys be my taste-testers!


Ladies and Gents...
we have two thumbs up for both of these delicious appetizers
featured in Entertain and Celebrate!!!


I have loved this magazine for seasonal inspiration....
well worth the price of $15.00!

ROASTED BUTTERNUT BRUSCHETTA
1 medium butternut squash,chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
1 T. olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 4- ounce log of goat cheese
1 cup baby arugula
1 lemon, halved
One baguette

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss squash with salt, pepper and olive oil.
Roast on baking sheet for 20 minutes until tender
and a bit caramelized.
Toast sliced baguette in the oven while the squash
is baking, until lightly browned.
Once this has completed, spread the goat cheese
on each baguette slice, top with arugula, squash
and sprinkle lightly with lemon juice..


Now, here's a funny thing....
this was THE favorite of the boys and they DO NOT LIKE SQUASH!
I was quite surprised that they loved this...win/win!!!!


Since this party was a later afternoon gathering,
I knew that they would be hungry, so I added a few
foods that I knew they would enjoy like
these Italian Meatballs with fresh Ricotta and toasted baguette!


This is the time to set your table with all those gorgeous fall colors
and seasonal serving pieces....


These are probably my favorite fall napkins thus far....
I simply adore pretty paper napkins!


For a seasonal mocktail, I served
Sparkling Cranberry Juice!
I love serving cranberries in anything for Fall and Winter.....


BAKED BRIE
1/2 package of refrigerated pie crust
1 13.2 ounce wheel of brie, frozen
2 T. light brown sugar
1 T. dried cranberries
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Sliced green apple, to serve

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Use a leaf shaped cutter to cut a small piece from edge of pie crest.
Remove top of Brie rind. Place cheese on crust.
Sprinkle to of brie with brown sugar and cranberries.
Fold pie crust over the brie. Top with leaf cutout.
Brush with egg wash onto crust.
Bake until lightly browned about 20-25 minutes.
Serve with apple slices.

Freezing the Brie keeps it from melting through the pastry
while baking!


This was MY favorite....
the combination of the brie, brown sugar, cranberries and apples was amazing!!!


I love using these little bakery cupcakes which are petite
and so, so pretty for a simple sweet ending.....


Well, this all worked out beautifully and now I have
an idea of how to plan for Thanksgiving Day.....


It is the glorious month of October....Autumn is here.....
we are enjoying a visit from one of the children....
life is about celebrating these moments,,,being grateful...
and making memories.....


Let me feed you.....
offering the comforts of home.......


October evening by the fire......


8 comments:

  1. oh Betsy! how festive! little Mae Mobley with her crossed feety feet agrees.
    that beautiful son of yours between you two is just like looking at Luke the Duke in a few years!
    do you see the amazing resemblance? I'm enjoying this Autumn weather for sure! with more to come! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good. I must try. Wonderful picture of you three. Your mocktail would be just perfect for us here too. Looks so pretty in the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't have sparkling anything since my stomach surgery, but plain cranberry juice or cran-apple sounds like a good idea to me! I will have to try these appetizers. The Brie looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks and sounds so tasty! With Mom’s fine dining choices and preparations, expect lots of visitors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are simply the best. I am having a small gathering later in the week and I am going to use these recipes to make it a fall celebration. Thanks for your inspiration, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it. You must have been born to host gatherings and parties. You certainly make some lovely food. I know your men love it. You are a beautiful family. I love pretty paper napkins too. I always have. I like that you used to cute autumn dishes. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW gorgeous!!! All of it!!!
    Would you please come to my house to decorate and cook???
    In the past two months, I've only been home for 4 days....so I've definitely fallen behind...yet my home is "occupied" for now, so it's best I've been gone.
    Back tomorrow, if the skies allow it with this bad weather, but then off again to plano for baseball games and soccer games with the grands.
    I really do need to stay home for awhile!!!!!! kinda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful, you are so such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.