March 3, 2019

HASH BROWN QUICHE


HASH BROWN QUICHE
1package of Pork Sausage (I use Jimmy Dean HOT)
1 Scallion (chopped fine)
6 eggs (beaten)
3 cups of hash-browns (thawed AND uncooked)
 Salt/pepper to taste
4 T. butter
1/4 c Half N’ Half
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


Mix thawed uncooked hash-browns with 4 T. of melted butter - by hand and press in slightly greased pie pan to make a shell -- bake 25-30 minutes. In the meantime fry up that sausage and let cool - mix eggs, cheese, half n’ half and scallions together and add to sausage, (mix well but don't over mix) place this in the hash-brown pan and bake for 30 minutes at 375 or until brown...


OH SO good! 
We make it on the weekend 
and it's just GREAT in the fridge for the next few days! 
Now we Texans will take the leftovers and put a bit of this
on a flour tortilla with Salsa and make breakfast burritos...delish!!!
Let me know...

7 comments:

  1. Omygosh...I love quiche...I love hot sausage (I use Owens Country)...I love cheese...this sounds sooo good. Thanks for the recipe.
    I am having Bunco at my house in April and thinking about making about 3 different kinds of quiche along with a good green salad and a fruit salad ...THIS one is in my Bookmarks now....if you run across any more good quiche recipes, please let me know....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making enchiladas tomorrow night....think this will be deelish along with them!!
    Coming to Plano Tuesday....afternoon cocktail??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!!! I'm pretty sure I will be making this later in the week down at the ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, I absolutely wrote this recipe down. I know my granddaughter will like it. So will I. I like that you make another type of breakfast with the left overs. Ted would love those burritos. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. I think about what fun it must have been learning to cook with your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made it last nite! Husband loved it and I know my boys will too. So easy and SO tasty...I added jalapeños and roasted red pepper (we like hot?)
    Will be making again! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.