July 18, 2018

CHERRY CHEESECAKE...PERFECT EVERY TIME!

This is considered to be a family heirloom recipe...
my grandmother made this every summer
and we were so excited when this was featured
on her big dining table on Summer evenings...
my cousins would come and it would be a family
affair with lots of talking and laughter....
sweet, sweet memories those are!


CHERRY CHEESECAKE
 1 Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1 1/2 T. vegetable oil 
2 – 8 oz. packages of Cream Cheese
 ½ C sugar
4 eggs
1 ½ Cup milk
3 tsp. vanilla
1 can of your favorite pie filling -we love cherry or blueberry

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Reserve 1 cup of dry cake mix. In large mixing bowl combine remaining cake mix, 1 egg and oil (mixture will be crumbly). Press crust mixture evenly into the bottom of a 13” x 9” baking dish.


 In the same bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar. 
Add 3 eggs and reserved cake mix; beat 1 minute at medium speed.
 At low speed slowly add milk and vanilla. 
Mix until smooth and pour into crust. 
Bake at 300 degrees for 45-55 minutes until center is firm. 
Cool and top with your favorite pie filling.

ESTELLE'S SWEET TIP
Thaw a bag of frozen strawberries
and one bag of frozen raspberries 
in a medium mixing bowl.
Sprinkle with sugar and allow to marinate
in the refrigerator.
When ready to serve your cheesecake,
top with a spoonful of the cold berries,
over the cherry pie filling.
Serve with whipped cream.



10 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 18, 2018

    oh my gosh, I have never ever saw this recipe before,, I have made the no bake cheese cake and the simple baked one from Susan Branch's cookbook but never this one, it sounds amazing! I want to try this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, That is a wonderful cheesecake. I can only imagine all the good foods on the family table come gathering time. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious recipe, looks soo yummy
    Have you also seen this recipe?
    It's honestly one of my favorites, in addition to yours of course ;) It always gets me in a festive mood

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this recipe my friend. Thank you for sharing it, my very fav kind of cheesecake.
    I'd love to make yours one day soon.
    You made me smile as you told me the story of your ALL BOY family and you finally had a girl. It's happening to us, except we can't wait to have that little BOY in our arms. Thank you so much for popping by. I'd love to follow your blog, but couldn't find the entry. Thanks
    Hugs,
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stirring a vague memory involving a vanilla wafer in the bottom of a cupcake liner and...

    Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ms. Estelle, well I've just taken this wonderful smelling cheese cake from the oven, now if we can stand it! waiting for an hour till it cools! Lol.....then refrigerate! Oh my gosh! I think it'll be worth the wait. got cherry's for the topping, and whip cream. I've told the whole family this cake will not be touched till Mama is ready to serve-Lol.....thank you for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy this dessert Dolores...it's not a real sweet cheesecake, but a good one for summer...very old-fashioned!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Ms. Estelle! Me Dolores again. we ate the cheesecake, it's very yummy, and you're right not too sweet, we did love that about it, if you want sweet, just add more whipped cream! It will be a keeper for our summer gatherings-thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone know the calories, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anyone know the calories etc.? I’ve been making this since the 70s. It’s a family fave. I just made it one hour ago! But now I’m counting calories LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.