December 27, 2017

THE HOLIDAY HIGHLIGHTS



The decorations are all down...the tree, the ornaments,
the platters and the Santa's.....
just waiting to be taken upstairs and packed away
for another year.
I love them to be carefully bagged and stored for easy
access the following year.
It takes a village.....thankful that we had
assistance undecorating, cleaning up glitter and boxing up
the big nine foot tree.
It was a cold and drizzly holiday.
But thankful for no snow, no ice and a healthy
family who traveled safely both to and from!


The Christmas Victorian tea was delightful.......


I was not very happy with my recipes this year.....
I tried new ones and would not make them again...bah-humbug
These were the gooey butter sprinkle cookies....
although everyone liked them, I thought they were just ok....
I would not recommend the recipe....next year,
I will go back to my trusted sugar cookies that I have baked for many years...


This was a very enjoyable DIY I did last minute....
dried oranges, which I then brushed with
Mod Podge, mixed with glitter for the stairway garland...
I just loved the way they gave a touch of elegance...


You can see them in this photo with the garland at night...
Love it...and the oranges drying in the oven smelled incredible!


Everyone thought the house looked festive and 
I love that they notice and enjoy the decorations...
that's who I do it for!


I an envisioning a white and gold tree for next year.....


We all did love the new recipe for a Cranberry Champagne punch...
I used Mother's Christmas Bell mold for the ice ring....


I took a few shortcuts for our Christmas Eve buffet and learned
that I bake better than the food I ordered.....
lesson learned......homemade is best!


The pork roast was from Corky's in Memphis


Christmas morning brunch was a breakfast casserole
and french croissants with cream cheese or apple-pear...
the children loved the peppermint hot cocoa....
the adults enjoyed mimosas.......


The children were delightful to watch open gifts...
so sweet and appreciative...such a blessing are these two!


OK, Miss Catherine...how do you look so good first thing on
Christmas morning????


Jenn and Greg are so sweet and kind to each other....
they each exchange their stockings first thing.....


He looks pretty pleased with his new Moscow Mule mug.....

I failed to take family photos and never captured
good ones of Nick or Rob....


Now I don't know if y'all can find this locally, but if not
you can find this on Amazon....SO GOOD!!!!


Yes ma'am....this was a two thumbs up mix.....


How time flies.....we are soon to welcome 2018.....


I came across two darling specials for next year
at Market Street....75% off!


They had a basket full of gift bags which were FREE!!!!!


The darling and Jenn put their new puzzle together in one hour...
it is gorgeous!!!
A great way to wind down the day after Christmas......


We had out grilled steaks and crab legs the day after 
Christmas day, along with Strawberry Champagne Martini's!


It was a lovely Christmas....
thankful for family and good health....
May your New Year be filled with kindness, love and happiness!
Warm hugs and blessings to each and everyone of you!













7 comments:

  1. Betsy, I enjoyed seeing the photos of your family, and your Christmas gathering. Good looking family. I am ready for the new year, praying for all the world to have a better year with plenty of love. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a lovely Christmas!

    I’ll be taking my tree down tomorrow, probably, since Tim and I fly to Florida, this weekend, to celebrate our 30th anniversary! The kids don’t want to deal with packing the ornaments away, so I’ll do it before we go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see your Christmas, Betsy. What a beautiful family you have. Wow - you were a busy lady and pulled it all off beautifully. :) I hope Mae had a nice Christmas, too. Of course, her favorite would most likely be boxing day. ;-) Loved the last photo so much. "Happy New Year to you and the family."

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks lovely, but I hear you about the hits and misses. I had two misses and one hit. Christmastime is not the time to be trying out new recipes from Pinterest or anywhere else. I must remember to get out my recipe box instead. Love the gilded oranges...beautiful look! The most important of all are the people gathered...they are the true treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Christmas!
    And now you are all undecorated and ready for the New Year! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. I could tell it was wonderful from all your gorgeous pictures. Hard to believe in a few days it will be 2018. Hope the new year is wonderful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My! What I would give to have help un decorating...girl, you scored with that one!
    I worked on mine today from 9am till 4:30 until I fell onto couch. Just getting over stomach virus days before Xmas and now coming down with chest cold crap. 4 of the 6 grand babies were sick for Christmas while here at my house. I knew it would only be days before it got me. No fun.
    But hopefully can finish tomorrow and then crash for days and days and days. I just need rest!
    Looks like you had a lovely holiday surrounded by loved ones and I bet they thought your food was wonderful. As always!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.