December 19, 2017

THE 2017 CHRISTMAS MANTEL


Our mantel is my favorite space to decorate for every season.
I so enjoyed putting this together based on inspiration
from my little Christmas pillow from our Maine days.


The woodland theme throughout our home evolved from this one
sweet little pillow.
One Santa, one reindeer and the trees.....


We have really enjoyed this every evening....
I love the textures, the touches of plaid, the tiny white lights....
it has that woodland, yet elegant, look of our woodlands in Maine.


I do believe he is my favorite Santa in my entire collection...
I love his face, his expression, the lantern and his gray felt coat
sprinkled with a touch of frosty snow.....


I was looking for just the perfect deer to pair him with and found him..
both were purchased from Lowe's.
(please ignore my hand in the photo!!)


I fell in love with this metal tree from Target....a different texture and
just what I was wanting for the woodland trees.....
I paired this tree with the pinecone/berry tree.


I added another frosty evergreen/berry arrangement and draped
the mistletoe greenery throughout the vignette.


I am loving the micro strand lights....they are so easy
to work with and add the perfect touch of soft lighting....
both were from the dollar isle at Target, last summer.


The silver ice trees are from the VPH collection...
the little plaid houses are from Pier One.


He looks like a very sweet kind Santa doesn't he?


Oh how I love deer....just majestic and beautiful......


The last purchase was this gorgeous garland....
it all came together and we love it!
And yes....we are MERRY and celebrating the Christmas season.
We hope your holiday is Merry and Bright also!

9 comments:

  1. That is so lovely, Betsy! It really does look like the pillow! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet comment Deanna. I so enjoy your visits and wish you a very Merry Christmas day.

      Delete
  2. Everything is just beautiful. Isn't it funny how we find one Santa and he becomes our favorite? I love the soft look yours has. His clothing is beautiful and he has a dear, sweet face. I, too, love deer and have several that I usually display. Not this year because so much of my stuff is over our warehouse in preparation for a spring time move.

    Hope you have a wonderful, blessed Christmas. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Diana...an entire warehouse for your home goods...amazing. I hope you are moving to someplace you love....hope you blog about this! MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVE!

      Delete
  3. This is one of the most beautiful mantles I have ever seen. I am in love with it. Thank you so much for showing it to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a love you are Kathy...so happy you enjoyed this and left me such a sweet comment. Wishing you and Joe a very Merry Christmas day.

      Delete
  4. this is beautiful.
    you can almost feel the icy cold air and the silence of pristine snow and deep pine forests.
    I love everything about it. woodland is always my favorite. with touches of elegance it never disappoints.
    and I also love that father Christmas is looking UP! up to the bringer of peace. and love. and kindness.
    happy Christmas to you too darling bean! your posts are like receiving little gifts all through the season! PLUS july! LOL. XO♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy..what can I say but thank you.....Merry Christmas to you and those you love...many blessings for a beautiful day!

      Delete
  5. Your Christmas Home looks wonderful, elegant and peaceful! I could sit and look at your photos all day long. Catching up on your posts I’ve missed this morning. I have my coffee and am sitting propped up in bed having a great time visiting with you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.