October 21, 2017

HALLOWEEN WHIMSY


It's near HALLOWEEN.....
we love, love, love the tradition of celebrating All Hallow's Eve...
it is a big celebration at our house....always has been...


Rob will be driving up from Austin for a party...
the darling and I will be attending a festivity in a few weeks....
my costume is planned and I believe, he is still working on his!!!


I love little vintage characters and this was such a happy
little guy, I couldn't resist adding him to my collection!


How precious is she....


My little jesters come out every year for the past
thirty-eight years!


Jack riding the pumpkin is also almost 40 years old!


Oh my gosh....I loved it when I came across these big coffee mugs...
precious and just fun!


One for the darling and one for me!


I love decorating and celebrating such a fun part of October!



Honestly, I need a new storage closet just for mugs....this is probably my favorite!


I think I simply enjoy the whimsy!


Here's a throw back of our first little TRICK OR TREATER....
The Divine Miss M AT 5 years old...Tampa, Florida!

8 comments:

  1. Karen- What a cute, cute post. My daughter is just like you--LOVES Halloween and all the things that go along with it--from whimsical to pretty to just plain fun. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put a smile on my face--I love the whimsy of Halloween! Happy weekend dear friend, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is all so pretty!!! Louis Dean and I make a point of being home on Halloween. She dress up and sit on the front porch with win ein our goblin glasses and pass out treats to all the comers. Some of the kids that came a dozen years ago when we started doing this are all grown up now - and yet they and oftentimes their parents continue to visit every year. It's like 'old home week' entertaining on the front porch! We only missed the Halloween of 2012 when we were down in Katy with the quads and their parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful! and even more proof if we indeed ever needed it ...
    of your zest for life itself!
    can't wait to see your costumes. I hope you will show us! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute things you have. I love the mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww..your home looks so warm with Halloween pretties!!! But my fave are those jesters....I was just imagining all scary stories they’ve heard thru the years!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey....it's the best time of year to decorate! It can really put you in the "spirit!"

      Delete
  7. Oops.....as I was saying...you’ve inspired me to go grab som pics of our porch. I like to look every yr to see what I did the yr before. You and ms M have outdone yourselves with mums....mmmmm!
    Your blog just always makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.