October 19, 2017

BEST EVER CORNBREAD MUFFINS FROM DISNEY


We southerners LUV our cornbread!!!
You may have seen this recipe around somewhere
on social media as I have, so knowing how delicious
the food is at Disney World, I decided to give this a try!


This is the infamous cornbread recipe
from the Wilderness Lodge
Whispering Canon Cafe.
The Divine Miss M 
and her family certainly had an absolute ball
when staying as guests at The Wilderness Lodge.

These muffins are fantastic.....going to be divine
served with bowls of shrimp and sausage gumbo!!!!


WHISPERING CANON CAFÉ CORNBREAD
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup cornmeal
1¼ cups granulated sugar
1½ teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ cup vegetable oil
2 each large eggs, beaten
1 cup milk


Add flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, and sugar
 together in a mixing bowl and blend.
Combine milk, eggs, and oil in another bowl and blend together;
 slowly add liquid to the bowl of dry ingredients; mixing as you add liquid. 
Mix only enough to incorporate together.

Estelle's Tip...I chose to make these as muffins, rather
than in a sheet pan. Either baking method turns 
out beautifully!


Spray a 9 x 13 cake pan with a non-stick food spray
 and pour the cornmeal batter into the pan.
 Make sure to spread evenly in the pan. 
If using a muffin pan, spray each section
before adding batter.
Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F
 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. 


Can you imagine how good these will be served
with a smoked brisket or perhaps a big pot of vegetable soup
this fall?


This is a perfect pairing for a Sunday afternoon
of football in Texas!

5 comments:

  1. I love corn muffins with soups...makes it more of a meal. Those muffins sure look yummy. So does your pot of soup. The cutest butter dish and bowl. :):) Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. Love your daughter dancing with her son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie..these are fabulous cornbread muffins....hope you try them...have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. They look good! Course I do love my Northern style cornbread. (I kept looking for the sugar. 😊)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had the cornbread there and it is some of the best I have ever had. We love cornbread with chili, too...and especially when we have ribs! I have that same butter dish and bought one for my daughter, too. I am copying over this recipe. Yum!!! Thanks! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesomeness all around! Summer, Sabrina, and Rayne are there at a Disney now! How cool is this to get the recipe before they get back? Thank you!
    Love how your daughter shares her life with you!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.