September 1, 2017

LET'S TALK FALL!

Yes! 
I am going to talk about Autumn today!
Why? Because it's a season I simply love!
This is going to be a fun, fun post
where we can take a break from all the news
and just share what we all love about fall....

1. When do you start decorating for fall?


I start planning for fall decorating
in August...by then I am ready to say
bye-bye summer and the first 
pumpkin appears on September 1st!

2. What is your fall decor style?


Well, this is easy...
pumpkins and mums on every door step!


3. What is your favorite store
 to shop at for fall home decor?



I have come to love Pier One
for fall home decor....from a 
touch of whimsy to something beautiful!


4. How many pumpkins do you own?



Oh...your guess is a good as mine...
too numerous to count!


5. Do you decorate the outside of your home also?


Yes!
When living in Maine, everyone participated
in decorating for Halloween and Autumn!
Neighborhoods look glorious during the fall months
when displaying pumpkins, gourds and fall florals!


6. Is Thanksgiving hosted at your home?



Normally, yes!

It's our favorite holiday!

7. What is your favorite fall food to cook?


Anything pumpkin!
The season is for baking!

8. Will you be making any fall DIYs?


Of course....
creating a new fall wreath is 
such a fun way to show your creativity!

9. What is your favorite fall candle?



Actually, this is a hard question!
I could spend an entire afternoon
in Bath and Body Works!!

10. What is your favorite place 
in your home to decorate?



I would say the fireplace mantel...
it's all about home and hearth!

I hope you had fun with these questions
and share what your thoughts are on the
most marvelous season of the year!

Photo Credits
Pinterest

13 comments:

  1. Betsy, I love to decorate for fall. I remember the first time I ever went into a Pier One store....I was amazed at the things to use in decorating. Being small town and never seeing that much stuff. That was before all the Hobby-Lobbies, Home Goods, and Tuesday Mornings. My favor fall candle , I can no long get , is called "Cabin In The Woods." I will look for it later this month. I too think any with pumpkin or spices is best baked in the fall. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie...hope you are going to have a beautiful autumn season....love hearing what everyone's favorites are....thank you for sharing today! Please remember all those effected by Hurricane Harvey!

      Delete
  2. Welcome home from the beach. I LOVE Fall too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blanche...hope you are doing well...happy autumn and warm hugs!

      Delete
  3. Autumn is my favorite season! I LOVE it!

    I usually host Thanksgiving, too. My daughter, SIL and grandbaby who are out of state for school, will be with us this year! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna....you live in such a gorgeous area for fall color...such beautiful property you live on. Sounds like Thanksgiving will be a grand holiday for your family...something to look forward to. Have a beautiful weekend love.

      Delete
  4. Betsy, I adore Autumn--it's my favorite of all the seasons! Every photo you have featured makes me want to begin decorating. I like to shop just about everywhere for autumnal items. The farmer's market is a great place to start with pumpkins, gourds and hay bales and corn shocks. The list can go on and on. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I love hearing about your passion for fall Martha Ellen..it is a glorious renewal....happy decorating love!

      Delete
  5. I love your porch decorations and everything about this Post! Fall is my favorite season and although I will miss Summer, I'm looking forward to the aromas that accompany this season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the aromas..fall and winter baking is in our future...heavenly! Have a great weekend Ssuan.

      Delete
  6. You will be very proud of me...I started decorating TODAY!!!! Spent all morning washing down my back patio and then thought "why not baby???!" Brought a lot of my fall stuff out for patio, then went ahead and decorated the gate at the end of the driveway. AND did my dining room table!!! Seriously? Who am I today? Usually I'm huffing and puffing to get it done but for some reason, I was ready today! We moved home from lake house on Thursday and this is first weekend of hunting season so ALL the boys are gone for weekend...woop woop! And I've had time to myself. Finally. So I've been playing and doing exactly what "I" want to do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds as if you enjoyed every minute Janey...hope you share some of your decor with us...it is sure to be a festive fall at your house!

      Delete
  7. And how could I forget? LSU vs BYU tonight. Supposed to be played in Houston but game moved to super dome in New Orleans. A most precious game after all they've been thru last week....everyone will be a winner because just maybe the game will take everyone's mind off the tragedy for a few hours!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.