September 25, 2017

HOT FUDGE CAKE..HOMEMADE GOODNESS


There is nothing better than fall days and baking
something divine and decadent.
This sweet ending has been a family favorite for years.....
We used to enjoy this so often at Shoney's back in Jackson
and now we can recreate very happy memories.
This little snack cake is moist and so easy to prepare.
The hot fudge sauce is one that you will want to make
again and again for special celebrations.


CHOCOLATE SNACK CAKE
1 cup boiling water
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a bowl, beat water and butter until butter is melted. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture. Beat for 2 minutes.
Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar.



HOT FUDGE SAUCE
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine condensed milk, chocolate chips and salt in top of double boiler 
over rapidly boiling water. 
Stir and cook until chocolate melts and mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in water,
 a little at a time. 
Add vanilla and pour over dessert while hot. 
Store any remainder in the refrigerator, covered. 
Reheat to use again.


7 comments:

  1. Oh that would have been my favorite dessert too. This looks like a special treat. Blessings for a fun week, hopefully cooler. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good and not many ingredients. That I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at fudge cake. Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! Autumn's cool weather always makes me hungry for warm comfort food. You have the best recipes here. Your home must smell like heaven with all the good food that comes out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making this for dessert! Hot Fudge was one of my mother's weaknesses and I remember going to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor and ordering Triple Threat Hot Fudge Sundaes; she'd love this, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks wonderful. Will make it next week. I love your recipes Betsy. I have made so many of them. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am dying for those cooking days!!! Seems like I have no time for cooking lately....and I DO love an all day cookfest. I'm almost ready for the cool rainy days of fall .... so I will make myself stop and be a bit lazy!!
    I AM GOING TO MAKE YOUR CHOCOLATE CAKE THO!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.