September 26, 2017

DIY SCRAPBOOK WREATH FOR FALL


This was such a fun DIY craft project for fall.
You may have seen these paper cone wreaths floating
around Pinterest and You Tube....
I was so taken with some of the designs I decided
to try my hand at a new handmade wreath for Autumn.
I will say...it was not as easy as it may look......
at least for me!


Begin with six sheets of 12" x 12" scrapbook paper.
I added more sheets of various patterns for the one I created.


Take a sturdy paper backing to cut a 12-inch circle for the wreath base.


Each sheet of paper should be evenly divided and cut into four 6-inch squares.
Roll each square into a cone shape. Use a hot glue gun or crafting glue
to secure the cone together.
THIS WAS A LITTLE TRICKY......
it took several attempts to get these squares into a proper cone.
Thank goodness for our daughter-in-law Jenn....who helped 
me out tremendously by PATIENTLY showing me 
the trick in creating the cones....


Once all of your cones have been created, you are 
ready to arrange the cones in the design you choose for your wreath.
I selected a plain paper mache' 3-inch disc for the center of the wreath.
Again, Jenn helped me with the arrangement of adding more
cones to create more dimension to the wreath.
Each cone was hot glued into the position I needed
Again, a little tricky...but I managed to obtain a design I was happy with.
To hang your wreath, use a hole-puncher to snap a hole
in the top of the backing and thread a ribbon for the hanger.


TA-DA!!!!
I love it...not bad for my first attempt.....


The center was created with another pattern of paper
and a fall dimensional sticker.


I love it in the kitchen......


Or maybe on one of the doors into the darling's office....
Now, this just makes me happy....
THANK YOU JENN....for helping with the construction and design!
Now, I am on to another one for HALLOWEEN!

3 comments:

  1. Betsy, Your wreath is adorable. I love all the colors. This idea could be used for every season with the right colors of paper. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wished I still had some scrapbook paper. Looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.