June 25, 2017

WHO DOESN'T LOVE A GOOD PASTRAMI REUBEN?


Good Sunday Morning Loves!
We Texans awoke to the sound of rain and thunder
on Saturday...which is music to our ears in June!


We even enjoyed temperatures in the 70's!!


Will you just look at this!!!
I just did a double take when I spied this lovely pitcher!
Soft pastels, a handsome rooster and toile.....
everything I absolutely love.....


So....into the basket it went,
along with some beautiful pink snapdragons!
Did you realize that yesterday was
NATIONAL PINK DAY?
Wonder who makes this stuff up?
Anyhoo......I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PITCHER!


So.....the darling and I are known to be a fan of
Diners, Drive-In's and Dives.....
an episode we watched the other evening, presented
a diner that made a divine pastrami Reuben, which
happens to be a favorite of mine....
so this inspired me to serve up the best one ever!
Here are the ingredients you will need......


 Saute' your pastrami in butter.
Spread rye bread slices with Dijon mustard and
thousand island dressing.
Toast bread in the oven for a few minutes.
Then build your sandwich with hot pastrami,
Swiss cheese and sauerkraut.
Grill on each side as you would a grilled cheese.
OH HONEY BABY.....


This did not disappoint!


Mae Mobley wishes you all a great Sunday.....gentle hugs!

14 comments:

  1. "RuebenSpuben",there is Ms Mae!! She looks so relaxed and probably enjoying the smell of the
    pastrami as it sauteed. Looks as though she is saying "that pastrami smells divine" and "are these my ancestors?"
    We also love Rueben sandwiches - will try this version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you enjoy the recipe Blanche....have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmmm....love sauerkraut so much? But sadly nobody around here shares my love...😞 But on the 4th celebration, I just might include that on the hot dawg tray even if I'm the only one to eat it!! Note to self: teach grandkids to love it too so I don't have to enjoy it alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be a good ya-ya trick Janey...enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I just added these ingredients to my grocery list. This is another of your recipes my husband (and son) will love. Looks delicious! Thank you for the inspiration and enjoy watching some more episodes of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives (fun show!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrific...hope everyone loves it....better than any restaurant we think...have a great week.

      Delete
  4. AnonymousJune 25, 2017

    mae mobley may just be the most beautiful cat in the world.
    I know I've said that before. but her sheer beauty just takes my breath away.
    and that sandwich? oh my. yes!
    and you know... you may live in texas but your home is pure English country cottage
    or town house. it's simply beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Tammy..how sweet of you..I know Mae appreciates your kind comment. Thank you so much for visiting and leaving me such a lovely message....warm hugs and have a great week ahead.

      Delete
  5. I am soo going to mke that sandwich this week. Thank you so much for the recipe. Where did you get the pitcher. I share your love of pink. Have a lovely Sundat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy the recipe Patricia...it's yummy....I found this pitcher at our local Kroger..they receive the lovliest dishware from time to time. Enjoy your week love.

      Delete
  6. I love Reubens. This one looks really good too. Ms. Mae looks too sweet here by a picture of cats. Blessings for a great Sunday. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try this soon Susie...warm hugs from me to you..have a good week love.

      Delete
  7. John's favorite! I never dreamed that I could make it at home! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear heart...then will shall name this 'John's Reuben'...totally in his honor and memory...warm hugs to our dearest Vee...enjoy your week love.

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.