April 24, 2017

DRESSING UP YOUR SUMMER PORCH

Who doesn't enjoy spending
an afternoon of porch sitting?
Just taking time for solitude and
taking in all that nature has to offer.
I thought it may be fun to begin
the week by gathering some inspiration
from various styles of outdoor spaces
found on Pinterest!


I adore this space...
reminds me of Maine in summer.
Don't you just love the pop of red!


Love the colors....
and the details!


A beautiful updated style for an older home!


Beautiful...a color well chosen for wicker.
The porch ceiling is also a lovely accent.


Green against green....peaceful and happy.


A Texas style porch always gives a warm welcome.


Sky blues...my mother would have chosen this.


LOVE!
This reminded me a beautiful home in Kennebunkport!


I want to live here.......


This one must be in the Mississippi Delta....

I love porches....don't y'all?


10 comments:

  1. Betsy, I loved all these porches. Just when I thought I found the one I loved best , then I thought I liked the next one more. LOL. I truly would love a porch so deep you could sit out while it rained. :):)The one you said looked like Kennebunkport would work for me. Makes my wee porch look so sad...so I better get to work on that. Blessings to you , xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all beautiful porches. How I wish I had a porch, but I live in the city. If I sat in front of my house I would either be blocking the sidewalk or be in the middle of the street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Betsy, you've chosen some beautiful porches to share with us!! I so wish we had a nice porch to sit outside on; we need a good screened porch or a glassed sunporch because the mosquitoes are so bad here (lots of creeks in our neighborhood). These pictures are good to dream over, as the weather is horribly dreary here -- cold and rainy.

    Have a wonderful day!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes! I love all of these porches. I grew up with porches.
    the third picture takes me straight back to upstate NY in the thousand islands area.
    summers there... lovely cool breezes and warm days and a good book sitting in old wicker chairs.
    heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you bloggers who post such tantalizing photos of home decor know that I am scrutinizing each and every one, looking for ideas for my own home. You just make it so easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a lovely gathering of porches. I really like the painted ceilings in some accent color, not white. Which one is most like the one you have now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do not have a front porch Vee. We have a patio featured on my sidebar. My grandmother's home featured a beautiful front porch similiar to one of these however.

      Delete
  7. I adore porches! I miss having one, and we do have one planned in our long term plan for the house. Much nicer than a deck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the artful peek at the lovely porches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I love all these spaces!! I would be quite happy in any of them, with a nice glass of rose!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.