December 26, 2016

OUR JOLLY, HAPPY CHRISTMAS OF 2016

Yes!
It was a wonderful Christmas!


I don't know about y'all,
but I'm pooped!
The baking, the cooking, the decorating
and
all the festivities....indeed a great time had with family!
I started baking the cookies, I think on Wednesday!
First up....Peanut Butter cookies!


Then, the Chocolate Crackle Cookies....


On  Thursday, I made the Lasagna
along with Mother's Dilly Bread....
oh heavenly days...divine!


Christmas Eve festivities were held on Friday evening...
all my boys...home for the holidays!


Santa delivered a
"big boy toy" a bit early......


My poor youngest, Rob,
was a tad under the weather with a bad cold....


Christmas dinner was held on Saturday which
was actually Christmas Eve....


Greg's smoked turkey was amazing.....


Mmmmmm......delish!
Cornbread dressing, roasted carrots, lemon pepper green beans,
scalloped potatoes, cranberry sauce and yeast rolls.
followed by
my best cheesecake ever....
topped with whipped cream and a drizzle
of salted caramel sauce!


I am pretty much ready for bed at this point.....


We drew names this year
and
this was my gift from Nick....
HOW PERFECT!!!!
I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!


There is nothing better than curling up with a soft blanket
and watching our favorite Christmas movies....


We had Christmas morning brunch
before Rob had to head back to Austin!


Another blessed Christmas day...
thankful and grateful for this holy day!


Over in Atlanta,
it was a most beautiful Christmas Eve night!



Miss M is now making it a tradition
for the Christmas crackers....


Miss Maepole continues to be seizure free...
this was the best gift of all....our prayers have been heard.
We visit the Neurologist on the 28th....
I hope we are able to get some answers.
I so hope you all had a happy and healthy Christmas Day.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, you certainly did enjoy a Merry Christmas weekend, Hope that this week, between events, provides some quality rest time. What a menu! It sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, indeed! As I sit here in the peace and quiet....shhhhhh can you hear the sound of NOT one toddler??!!!!! I'm already thinking that the first thing I'm going to make ~~when I ever decide to cook again~~is your white lasagna!! and I'm thinking you prolly need to share that dilly bread recipe too plz!!
    Yes......Christmas of 2016 is in the record books. It was wonderful having all of my boys around me...as you felt too. But I gotta tell ya.............I am one worn out YaYa!!! Going down for a long afternoon nap.
    so happy your home was cozy and your holiday was peaceful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful holiday weekend. We're glad to hear the adorable Miss Mae Mobley is still seizure free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bless you!
    rest now and refresh. thank you for sharing your beautiful family and traditions with us! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful celebration, indeed! I don't know how you do it but I can imagine that the food was to die for. I hope you'll get some rest now.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas is wonderful! You had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, could you share your chocolate crinkle recipes? Yours look perfect and I haven't found a recipe I like yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my love, I took a shortcut on this one. I used Ghiradelli box mix and it was wonderful!

      Delete
  8. All your food sounds amazing! So nice to have all of your boys home for Christmas. Put your feet up, you deserve a rest. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful people in a beautiful home enjoying beautiful dishes of heavenly foods. Blessings, xoxo, SDusie

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.