November 30, 2014

CRANBERRY BREAD ON THE SECOND THANKSGIVING

Are you really going to have a second Thanksgiving?
Yes we are and we did! 
I will tell you this....it was almost better the second time around!


On Saturday, we fired up the turkey fryer and began the second process of frying a turkey! 
I am so glad I snapped this beautiful picture on Saturday of the greenbelt, because today,
the leaves are almost gone.


We can thank our master family chef for changing up the recipe on the turkey, as we agreed, it was one of the best tasting turkey's we ever had! He used a garlic herb marinade, along with a rub of liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce! Oh my......it was totally divine!!


Rob was home and all was right with the world!



Man's work! 


I think it's obvious.....I am over the moon happy having my youngest home! 


"Let's do a selfie Robbie"......laughing as we snapped about eight selfies....



Well Mama....you pulled it off....two Thanksgivings back to back!
Congratulations! 


A blessed dinner


Beautiful Bo.......I think even BoBo was beginning to need a nap after all the activities! 
What a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving we were granted this year! 


Meanwhile down in Horseshoe Bay near Austin, Cat's family was gathering for their Thanksgiving!
I know how happy they are to see more family and enjoy the beautiful weather we had this weekend! 


Our sweet and beautiful girls....Cat and Miss Abbie


Caden had visited his uncle and family for Thanksgiving this year and was finally home on Saturday!
Looks like the boys are happy being reunited once again over in Atlanta! 


Miss M requested that I please publish my cranberry bread recipe!
I have made this for years and it's my go-to recipe! Lovely served with orange cream cheese! 


MADISON COUNTY COOKERY CRANBERRY BREAD
2 cups flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup orange juice
1 t. grated orange peel
1 cup fresh chopped cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Sift dry ingredients together. Cream butter and sugar. Then beat in egg. Add the flour mixture, alternately with orange juice and orange peel. Mix well after each addition. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts. Turn into a greased loaf pan. Bake @ 350 degrees F. for 50-60 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Oh sigh, you are a magnificent cook and hostess. It must be in the genes. Says she, who didn't get said genes. ,-))))))

    And you have a beautiful family. Be so grateful that your beautiful family is so happy to pose for photos. I have a beautiful family, but not all are happy with my picture taking. Bahhh-humbug... ,-)

    Oh your recipe sounds yummy! So much better than a "quick bread mix." ,-))))) Oh I know! You want to tell me to wash-my-keyboard-off-with-soap! For even _mentioning_ a "quick bread mix," on your blog!!!! -giggles-

    Happy soon-to-be December,
    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you Tessa! Christmas decorating is on the horizon....are you ready? I, my dear, am not! Bah-hum-bug...I agree!!!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Tessa! Funny how we bake alike some times...I did a sweet potato/cranberry bread on my blog today! This recipe is going in my files because cranberries are my favorite fruit, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds wonderful Susan...I am going to check out your recipe...I so agree with you...I LOVE cranberry anything!!! Hugs!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely Thanksgiving you had...and your photos are just stunning. I so love the soft look they have...you must have a very nice camera. Your children are all very handsome and beautiful...and their mama is a looker, too. :)
    I love coming to your blog...and I can't wait to try your bread...I just bought fresh cranberries and have walnuts in the pantry...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an absolute love BJ! Thank you so very much for visiting and commenting with such kind words. Yes, they are all sweet and kind people! Can't wait for you to bake this cranberry bread! Please enjoy! Welcome December, but I'm not quite ready, are you? Hugs!!!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.