April 4, 2014

PENSACOLA'S PINEAPPLE CRUNCH CAKE


Remember that "elusive cake" recipe we have all been waiting for?

 
Me: "I wrote about you on my blog today. It was our conversation about the cake recipe that you promised to send me.....and then you did not include the recipe when you described how fabulous it was!"
 
Sister: "What???? I did too give you the recipe and told you how to make it!"
 
Me: "No....you briefly told me some of the ingredients and it didn't make any sense.....there were no eggs or oil in the cake? That wouldn't turn out very well. I think you obviously left out a few items and steps."
 
Sister: "Oh.....well if it matters, then let me find the recipe in my purse......(silence while I wait for her to search the depths of her purse...five minutes pass and I almost hang up) OK, here it is, are you ready? "
 
Me: "Good, thanks. That makes sense and sounds delish."
 
Sister: "Oh, it was. Between four of us, we ate the entire cake that day. I think we are looking rather roly-poly......have you ever worn Spanx?"


 
 
PENSACOLA’S PINEAPPLE CRUNCH CAKE
1 box Yellow Cake Mix
1 15- ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 stick of butter
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup pecans
 
1 cup toasted coconut

 
Mix cake according to package directions. Add the undrained crushed pineapple and mix well. Pour into a greased 9” x 13” baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes. While cake is baking, in a small saucepan, bring 1 can sweetened condensed milk, butter,  brown sugar and pecans to a low boil. Poke holes in warm cake with a toothpick. Pour the brown sugar mixture over warm cake. Top with toasted coconut.

3 comments:

  1. WOW sounds amazing. Can't wait to make. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very good cake Cherie! I followed the advice of the professional baker in her office and only added 1/2 can of the sweetened condensed milk. It's very sweet so a little piece is just enough. This is a great cake to take to a potluck or when you have company! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good Estelle! I have saved the recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.