February 11, 2014

RICH BUTTER COOKIES

A nice warm up is on the way....no wait....
another wintry mix.....
no wait.......
freezing rain and snow today
 
 
Maypole......do you have those mid-winter blues?
 

I suddenly realized that I had not done a very good job of displaying the heirloom china.
I was more interested in just unpacking the many boxes and putting things away....in the right place, but not too perfectly. I had saucers down below the china cabinet and the teacups in the upper portion behind glass doors. 
 

I only found a few teacups that matched up to the saucers. I am going to have to give Miss Judy a call and see if she perhaps has the teacups that seem to be missing. Who knows? You must realize how much Estelle had with her massive collection of antiques. Really, darling girl.....you were a tad bit obsessive I think!


One of the reasons I started this blog, was so that my children would hopefully look back and see something that catches their attention. One of their favorite recipes or one of these heirloom pieces that they have been told they must keep, I tell them this all the time....."this belonged to your grandmother or your great grandmother and you are to hang on to this!"
 They always reply......"we'll never remember that...."


 
Aren't rich butter cookies the perfect accompaniment to tea?



RICH BUTTER COOKIES
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cream of tarter
1/2 t. salt
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and gradually add sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Sift together the dry ingredients. Blend with creamed mixture. Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake for abut 8 minutes. The secret to a good butter cookie is not to over bake. They may not appear to be done but they will cool to a soft buttery cookie! ~Ole Miss Rebel Greats Cookbook

6 comments:

  1. I am definitely a Cookie Monster and these Rich Butter Cookies are calling my name! I certainly agree with the French and Julia Child, that everything baked should contain real butter, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree Susan...that's the secret when baking! Hope you enjoy the recipe!

      Delete
  2. My absolute favorite!! It's 20 below with wind chills today, actually that's a warm up. Hope everyone is safe with all the storms predicted for the next several days. Thank You for all the lovely recipes, my binder has quite a collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy this is a recipe you like Patti! I so appreciate you visiting Estelle's! That is incredibly cold where you live.....hope you are sitting by a warm fire! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  3. My son and his girlfriend came over for a visit last night so I made these cookies they were a hit!! Loved them they are going in my recipe box thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful Kim! So very happy your family enjoyed them! How very sweet of you to bake them cookies! I so appreciate your comment on these!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.