October 4, 2013

SAVORY FRENCH OVEN BEEF STEW....CURL UP AND GET COZY


Cooler days have us all gazing skyward for fall color. Home can be the most charming place when the days become shorter, dusk comes earlier and afternoons are quiet. Our favorite armchair begs us to curl up and get cozy....your life is a book....make sure your home is the best chapter.








The idea is to relax and enjoy the season together


FRENCH OVEN BEEF STEW
2 LBS. stew beef, cubed
2 medium onions. thinly sliced
3 stalks celery, sliced
4 medium carrots, sliced
1 cup tomato juice
1/3 cup tapioca
1 T. sugar
1 T. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. basil
3 potatoes, cubed in medium pieces

Combine all but potatoes in a  21/2 quart casserole. Cover, Bake at 325 degrees F. for 3 1/2 hours. Put potatoes on last hour. Stir occasionally. EXCELLENT!
~Thoroughbred Fare (South Carolina) 

2 comments:

  1. I just love when you add in pictures of the sweetie pies! The orange one looks just like my Shelby.and that's exactly what she does, center of attention. So glad that you have recipes like this. I work all week and many of these I can make ahead and have for dinner when I'm in a rush, which seems to be all the time. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti! I am so very happy that you find recipes that you would like to try. It is really a challange to prepare delicious meals for your family when you balance your work and your home life.....your comments really lift my spirits.....wishing you a beautiful autumn weekend also!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.