October 8, 2013

EASY LEMON CHEESECAKE


Dessert now being served in the Dining Room

Have you ever been under a little stress when entertaining guests for a formal dinner? Often times, I select this easy lemony cheesecake, which never fails and is so easy to throw together. Most everyone likes cheesecake, often times over something chocolate. It's light and will put a smile on everyone's face! Every time I have served this, the guest asks for the recipe..then you know you have a winner! 

 



EASY LEMON CHEESECAKE
1 (3- ounce) package lemon jello
1 cup boiling water
8 ounces cream cheese
1 cup sugar
5 T. lemon juice
1 can evaporated milk, well chilled
1 Graham cracker crust

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cool until slightly thickened.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice with mixer until smooth. Add thickened jello and beat well.

In a separate bowl, beat the evaporated milk until fluffy. Add cream cheese-jello mixture and beat well with mixer.Pour the filling into a graham cracker pie crust, cover and chill before serving.

4 comments:

  1. Hi on your Lemon cheese cake recipe, is the lemon jello in the recipe=Lemon and pie filling? or regular lemon jello? and also the carnation can, is it the large can or small can? thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee. The recipe calls for lemon jello, not pie filling. The carnation can would be a large can, 12 ounces. I hope this clarifys your questions. I thank you for your visit! Hope you enjoy the pie!

      Delete
  2. Hi Ms Estelle, as I write this, I'm trying to make your delish looking lemon pie! I don't usually have luck with baking, but since it's fridge, I'm trying it. ok so my question is, does the milk have to be refrigerated? well I opened it a regular temperature, it's in a bowl should I fridge it for awhile, or can I fluff it up at room? I didn't know that carnation milk could fluff up like peaks! is that right? let me know if u can soon, it's in fridge for awhile incase you can respond soon/ thank U for your recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dee...this recipe requires that the evaporated milk be well chilled prior to beating it into a whipped cream consistency. It should turn out just fine! Happy you are trying it out...Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.