October 10, 2013

BEST OF THE BEST PUMPKIN BREAD...GATHERING FOR THE HARVEST


It's pure and simple.....candlelight and autumn scents help to create the elegant ambiance you wish for.
I love to layer different patterns of china and place in the small vignettes where they are not normally used. This is our foyer table which welcomes everyone into our home. The spicy scent of Harvest Gathering from Bath and Body scents the air with a soft autumn fragrance.


We begin with one of my favorite Majolica plates


Secondly, is placing one of my toile Royal Stafford bowls
 on top of the Majolica...
I love how the black and white toile accents that beautiful deep green


Thirdly, I place the pumpkin luminary on top

 
Scatter faux berries, gourds, pears and autumn leaves
 
 
Neither I, nor the Divine Miss M could resist this
Harvest sign we found at Target..
I found the perfect spot to display this in our Butlers Pantry
 
 
I have had this vintage thread spool for years.....
this is one I keep out all year long...
I simply adore this
 
 
No one can resist taking a small handful of candy corn, pumpkins and
dry roasted peanuts as they pass by the kitchen island...
always a must have in October!
 
Everyone has a favorite pumpkin bread recipe. This is my go to favorite which I make every year. When we had moved to Maine, none of my cookbooks had been unpacked, so I was determined I would publish this on my blog to ensure I would always have access to my favorite recipes. I hope this will become one of your favorite's also! This was published in one of my most beloved cookbooks from the Junior League of Lafayette, Louisiana....
 

PUMPKIN BREAD
3 ½ cups sifted flour
1 ½ t. salt
1 cup Wesson oil
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
2 t. soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
2 cups pumpkin
3 cups sugar
1 ½ cups chopped pecans

 Mix all ingredients until smooth. Fill 4 loaf pans, or 2 bundt pans, which have been greased, with batter. Fill each baking pan half full. (This will raise when baking). Bake at 350 degrees F. for one hour.
~TALK ABOUT GOOD! Le Livre de la Cuisine de Lafayette

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.