December 28, 2012

Beer Cheese Dip....A White Christmas Indeed!

I believe it was magical.....they predicted we would have snow Christmas day and lo and behold....we did! Thunderstorms rolled across the Christmas Eve night sky and about 1:00 on Christmas day, here came the rain and sleet. Some of the family had just arrived. We prepared the Mimosa's and watched the snowfall! It was a snowstorm worthy of Maine! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas day and enjoyed family and friends.






I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a cooking break! We need to begin the task of taking down the Christmas decor and prepare for New Year's Eve. This is an easy, I mean easy, delicious dip for toasting in 2013.
Happy New Year to All!


Beer Cheese Dip
2 8oz. packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
6 oz. beer

Mix together well and refrigerate til serving. Serve with a toasted and buttery herb baguette or any favorite pretzel or crackers.

6 comments:

  1. Everything is just gorgeous with the pretty snow cover!! Cheddar beer dip sounds wonderful. I have had some great soup like that, but never thought of dip! Yum! Happy New Year!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I serve cold or hot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This dip is best served warm. You may mix up the ingredients before hand, refrigerate and then serve in a mini crockpot.

      Delete
  3. I've always had this dip cold! You gave me a new idea to try it warm!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.