August 9, 2012

Banana Walnut Muffins....Oh, the Aroma!

Lovin' from Estelle's Oven


What's that I smell?


Did she say Banana Walnut Muffins?


Well then..never mind. If it's not Tuna Souffle,
I'm going to continue my  nap....I can't believe she woke me up for muffins!




Banana Walnut Muffins
1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 large egg
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 overripe medium-size bananas, cut into chunks

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease muffin tins. Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla on medium-high speed. Sift the remaining dry ingredients together into a bowl. Add the egg to the butter mixture and blend until combined. Add 1/4 cup of sour cream to the butter mixture then half of the dry ingredients. Mix well then repeat with remaining sour cream and then the remaining dry ingredients until the batter is well combined. Be sure to end with the dry ingredients. Fold in the chopped walnuts and bananas until evenly mixed. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Bake for about 20-25 minutes! Serve warm with butter or cream cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.