July 18, 2012

Birthday Boy...The Livin' Is Easy

The birthdays are over! Yeah!! Three birthdays in July require alot of planning for family celebrations! It is such a beautiful thing to finally be back home and have the opportunity to entertain the boys and their families which we were only able to do about once a year while living in Maine. The trips were amazing, however they only lasted a week. We now are able to have most every weekend getting together for dinner, movies and cookouts.

Darling wanted to grill steaks out for his birthday celebration and rather than birthday cake, he requested his favorite strawberry pie. This pie brings us back to the days of having lunch at Shoney's Big Boy in Jackson. They were famous for this pie and if you have never tried making one, it is easy breezy and is the ultimate taste of summer!



As we took our evening swim, he said, "Hey! I want you to take my picture because all my coworkers in Maine keep asking me about the Texas heat and kidding me that I left Maine for these long triple digit summer days down here! I am gonna show them how much we are loving being back in yes, hot, hot summer days!" It's summertime and the livin' is easy!


Keep in mind, we are southerners and although those cold snowy days in Maine were beautiful, snowblowing proved to be hardwork! We have stated and laughed many times recently...."We are on the THIS IS IT TOUR and we are stayin' put!


Fresh Summer Strawberry Pie
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoon cornstarch
6 tablespoon strawberry Jell-O
 fresh whole cleaned strawberries to fill a baked 9-inch deep-dish piecrust.


Blend sugar, cornstarch and water together and cook to almost pudding stage. Add Strawberry Jell-O. Place drained whole fresh strawberries into baked deep-dish 9-inch pie shell. Pour cooked mixture over berries. Chill 2 hours at least. Top with fresh whipped cream!



Wishing you the happiest of birthdays Precious Man o' Mine!
"Ya' know I love ya' more than my luggage"...to quote Clairee Belcher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.