March 25, 2012

Daddy and Me at Home Depot

Hi Everyone! I wanted to share my photos of my Daddy and me at The Home Depot. Daddy and I live in Atlanta,Georgia with Mommie. Mommie is married to my Daddy. I love shopping with Mommie, but I also have very special times with my Dad.


He takes me to The Home Depot Kids Workshops and we build amazing, cool "things" together..just Daddy and Me. I can handle the tools pretty well too.


Daddy has taught me all about tools and construction equipment. Maine Grandma keeps asking me how I know so much about tools, and I just tell her that "Jay told me!" This makes Grandma "snort-laugh!" I pretty much do most of the construction by myself, but I do let my Daddy join in the fun....sometimes.



I have my own Home Depot apron that even has my name on it. My Dad is pretty cool and he is also pretty smart! I like it when we do things together. I can tell how much Mommie and Daddy love me by their smiles and the way I make them laugh when I tell them super hero stories.


When we get back home after an afternoon of "manly things" at the Kids Workshop, my amazing Mommie has a delicious dinner waiting for us. Maybe this is the best ending to a perfect day of just Daddy and Me time.....shhh....I really miss Mommie though, when I am hard at work building super things, like tool benches and birdhouses. It's really fun being a little kid in Atlanta.....I have a really cool Mom and Dad!





Estelle's Easy Lasagna
 8 ounce dried miniature lasagna noodles, broken
 12 ounce mild or hot bulk Italian sausage
2-1/2 cups desired red pasta sauce
1 egg, beaten
1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese 
 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz.)

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.  Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe 2-quart square baking dish, crumble sausage. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 4 to 6 minutes or until sausage is brown, stirring once or twice. Drain fat. Stir cooked pasta and pasta sauce into sausage in dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. In a medium bowl, stir together egg, cottage cheese, and Parmesan or Romano cheese. Spoon mixture over pasta mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 6 to 7 minutes more or until heated through. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.




GARLIC BREAD
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), at room temperature
2 garlic cloves, mashed to a paste with a pinch of
salt and extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
 1 loaf crusty baguette
 Extra-virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For the bread, stir together the butter, mashed garlic, and herbs in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Tear open the loaf of bread  lengthwise, spread the herb-garlic mixture over both halves and sprinkle with a little olive oil. Bake for 15 minutes!


"When's the next Kids Workshop, Daddy? Will Spiderman be there? Can Juggernaut go with us? What's Mommie cooking for dinner? Daddy?.............Daddy?"




No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.