November 30, 2011

Time for Hot Cocoa!


"The greatest gift is love...Happiest of Holidays!"



 
"...Furapparelled for the skating, comes the pond's acknowledged Belle; I am duly there in waiting, for I'll lose no time in stating That I love the lady well. Then to don her skates, and surely mine the task to fit them tight, Strap and fasten them securely while she offers me, demurely, First the left foot then the right. Off she circles, swiftly flying to the pond's extremest verge; Then returning, and replying with disdain to all my sighing, And the love I dare not urge. Vainly do I follow after, she's surrounded in a trice, Other men have come and chaffed her, and the echo of her laughter Comes across the ringing ice..." (Excerpt from "Mr. Punch's Book of Sports")



Chocolate Mint Hot Chocolate
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1-1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
2 Andes chocolate mints
1/8 tsp. salt
6-1/2 cups hot water
Marshmallow cream or mini marshmallows
Chocolate shavings


In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, peppermint extract, chocolate mints, and salt; mix well. Slowly stir in the water and heat through, stirring occasionally. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
Pour the hot chocolate into mugs, then garnish each cup with marshmallow cream or mini marshmallows. Chocolate shavings can also be added, if desired.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.