October 23, 2010

The Tiny Punkin' Wunkin'!

The Maine House had  house guests last  month. One guest was a tiny two year old! He delighted the entire house everyday and we enjoyed many great adventures with this little guy. This is one of his favorite "Mommie and Me" books.....
The Maine House honors him today...for bringing smiles and laughter to our family!









you're my little love bug my cuddly kangaroo, my funny bunny sweet as honey all of this is true.


you're my punkin wunkin, my peaches and my pie. my bread and butter peanut butter, the apple of my eye.


you're my wiggly worm, my busy little bee, my silly goose my moosie moose my monkey up a tree.


you're my ice cream sandwich, my watermelon gum, my soda pop my lollipop my yummy yummy yum!


you're my lovey dovey, my stinker winker bear, my silly willy picadilly alligator stare.


you're my bowl of cherries my toast with berry jam, my snickerdoodle chicken noodle what a little ham!

you're my tootsie wootsie, my squishy wishy cheeks, my tickle toes button nose, giggles squeals and squeaks.


you're everything that's wonderful you're all of the above. but most of all what you are is god's sweetest gift of love.




Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cake
1 package German chocolate cake mix

1 15- ounce can of pumpkin
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup cinnamon chips
1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans-optional

 Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13- by 9-inch pan with vegetable oil spray. Set the pan aside.
 Place the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping the sides down again if needed. The batter will be thick and should look well combined. Fold in the cinnamon chips until well distributed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, moothing it out with the rubber spatula. Place the pan in the oven. Bake the cake until it springs back when lightly pressed with your finger, 35 to 40 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.

 Cinnamon-Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
8 T, butter, softened
1/2 cup Dutch-process unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
 Place the cream cheese and the butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until well combined, 30 seconds. Stop the machine. Add the cocoa powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and 3 3/4 cups of the confectioners' sugar. Blend with the mixer on low speed until the ingredients are moistened, 30 seconds. Add more sugar if the frosting seems too thin. Increase the speed to medium and beat until the frosting is fluffy, 2 minutes more.Spread the frosting over the cake in the pan with smooth, clean strokes. Sprinkle the pecans over the top.(optional)


I'll Love you Forever, I'll Like you for Always, As Long as I'm Living, My Grandbaby You'll Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.