August 22, 2022

SMALL CHANGES AS WE PREPARE FOR THE FALL SEASON

Good Morning Kindred Spirits.....
can you feel the changes in the air?
You step out the door with your morning coffee
and are greeted by that chill in the air?
Well, of course that is not the case here in the great state of Texas....
 
For those of us who LOVE the fall season. this is the time
we plan, shop and begin to transform our homes into a new look!
I am really enjoying taking my time in making small updates
in little nooks and crannies and am going to take you along
so that you too, might decide to transform
 your home into September.....

The fall decorations are still in the attic, so no pumpkins
will be on display until next month....this is simply
changing out décor and the color scheme from summer to autumn.

 
To begin with I brought out my wax warmers and seasonal scents
to create that aroma of a new season .



I found that certain pieces I designed last year, gave me such joy,
I left them in place to enjoy all year long.....
now I simply added a new little print to update this space.



I love to look around my house and see what little pieces
I can arrange in a vignette to warm a particular space....
it can be a challenge and yet, so satisfying to enjoy the look you put together!



I wanted a clean slate for about a week, which helps to
visualize a new look...all the summer décor was packed away
and new ideas come to mind....fall throws and pillows
will be put out in September, but the color scheme has been decided.



My favorite Threshold rug was moved to the fireplace hearth
and I still just love this rug..the colors are perfect for fall.
I will wait on changing out the mantel and am so looking forward
to see how it comes together....



I did come across this beautiful gray-sage pillow
that had the most beautiful stitchery which I thought
would be perfect for the Windsor chair.....how lovely for
a new season,...this is from Better Homes and Garden.
Decorating our home is a true passion of mine!!
The Bloggers and You Tubers that share this passion
are doing a great job at sharing their ideas for autumn, so I hope you can
join in the fun and find pleasure in the next few weeks of inspiration!







6 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy,
    For some reason, I stopped receiving your blog through my email. I was getting worried about not hearing from you. I'm glad you're alright! Then, I also realized that I stopped getting emails from other bloggers as well. Do you know what happened? I think everyone is using Blogger. I've missed you, but I've enjoyed binge reading you! I love your rug and pillow and you always have the best header photos. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen...Blogger no longer supports the email notification function. They dropped that a long time ago for some reason. Glad to have you back today however! Thank you for stopping by and saying hi!

      Delete
  2. No, but I will happily enjoy all that you and others do. 🌻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, I was just going to post the same comment that Ellen did. I thought of you today when I saw the awful flooding in Dallas. I hope you all were not impacted too much. And then it hit me that I had not been getting email notifications when you a make a new post. The last one I got was late July. And now I see from your reply that they will no longer be sent. BOO! Well, I'll just have to remember to mosey on over. Ha! Best to you and yours....I always enjoy your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful to have you visit Tobe...I actually was beginning to think I was becoming less interesting to readers...glad you came back...warm hugs!

      Delete
  4. I am enjoying seeing all the lovelies you are bringing out for the Fall season. That small rug is perfect. Oh, and caramel apples are a must in this house for Fall. My kids remember well all the times we made caramel apples, and continue this tradition with their own kids. Some things never change. Your blog is inspirational, Betsy, and I enjoy visiting and seeing all your clever ideas as each new season is upon us.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.