June 11, 2021

SUMMER SEEDS AND BLOOMS and a SUMMER SALAD AND DESSERT

The sunny skies and lush green landscapes of summer, call for
bright airy spaces and lively décor bursting with fresh blooms! 

Hello kindred spirits....allow me to share an idea with you....
plan a day to visit a local Farmer's Market in your area...
browse around the vegetable and fruit stands and purchase
some summer tomatoes, squash, peaches and watermelon..
I'll just bet you feel better already......


Remember seeing my first seed packets I purchased about
a month ago?


Well, lo and behold, they have flourished
in one of the large pots by the pool......


They have just begun to bloom......


I am not the best gardener around, but there is
something so satisfying about growing plants
from seeds....just scatter them about and
nature will take care of the rest!

SUMMER FOOD FARE

This pasta salad will be a MARVELOUS choice for a summer barbecue...
excellent served with grilled burgers, chicken or pulled pork!



This dessert recipe just says SUMMER GOODNESS.....
a Pioneer Woman recipe.......

I used the same container that the pound cake came in....
put in a layer of parchment paper, lined with saran wrap....
then slice the pound cake in three layers...
each layer topped with your choice of ice cream flavors.....

One tip I read in order to have beautiful layers...
is to make sure your layer of ice cream is thick enough to
show when sliced....I used two small cartons of ice cream
for each layer....drizzle top of cake with Magic Shell topping!
This is a delightful summer sweet ending that the kiddos
will have fun making with you!
I used chocolate, strawberry and cookies and cream.....

GETTING BACK TO NORMAL


After a follow-up doctor visit, the darling and I
treated ourselves to our favorite IHOP breakfast......
it;s been over one year, since we have been able to do this
due to Covid....no masks, great service and delicious food..
it felt SO GOOD!!!!!
Let's go out and make some fun summer memories....
things are returning to normal....even 
THE TEXAS STATE FAIR is coming back this year....WOOHOO!!!!


3 comments:

  1. This post gives all the summer feels! Refreshing! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness . . . I want to be invited to share a meal at your house. Yum! You certainly go the extra mile to make everything amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ice cream cake looks amazing! I am very impressed with seeds that grow to flowers in a month or so, More amazement!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.