April 22, 2021

SUNDAY SUPPER, GARDENING REFRESH, and LUKE THE DUKE

Hello Kindred Spirits...
I so hope life is treating you kindly
and there are smiles on your faces
and joy in your hearts!
Here is a look back at last week at Estelle's...... 


Sunday supper is normally a little lighter and a little
easier than weekdays, however, I felt like serving
a real southern dinner with favorites of
barbecue chicken, sweet and sour green beans and
corn pudding...oh heavenly days....talk about good!!!!


I also mixed up some of our favorite homemade
salad dressing, which I have featured once before
in a previous post.....simply wonderful!!!


Don't you just love a fresh crisp salad?


And...we're not finished yet.......


How about sharing a delightful piece of Peanut Butter Pie!!!!!!
There's always something good served up in Estelle's kitchen......


Our days have been mostly sunny and a bit
on the cool side.....rather delightful!


The darling started a little fire to burn some old
documents and honey, this smell was divine...
reminded me of a fall day.....that campfire smell......


We are slowly but surely getting the landscaping taken care of....
this has been a rather costly project to remove dead shrubs
and replace them with new ones, along with new garden soil
and mulch.....


We have three more side beds to replant which
we can do hopefully in the next few weeks......


I have been looking through old recipe binders
and came across an old favorite which I sent to
Miss M......she had made this for husband Jay,
and his golfing buddies, Phil and Ron one afternoon
some years ago when I was visiting and she was so
delighted I found this......she had misplaced her copy
so I thought I would include it in a post so we both
could find it easily....it's the recipe for
Tex-Mex Shrimp Cocktail!


And yes, honey, yes....you are not seeing things....
I am picking up some new things for the fall season...
the ideas are forming as we speak.....
it delights my soul to think about.....


And....many have wanted to see a recent photo
of our LUKE THE DUKE.....
He has on a brand new pair of sports shoes....
and has been going through shoes like a dose of salts...
growing by leaps and bounds....
I cannot believe our youngest grandchild will be
thirteen this June....I cannot wait to spend
a full week with him during our family beach trip this summer......
time marches on children.....time to make memories.....







3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Love all the things you love.....
    Thank you for the salad dressing recipe! I’ll be making that tomorrow! I’ve a small herb garden here at the ranch and I planted lettuce for the first time ever! It’s huge! And so many! Lots of salads for the next few days and more lettuce to take home with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outdoor fire burner is incredible! Love it! Luke is growing up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl....you are on TOP of things if you’re already thinking fall!!! Wooooo...I’m still wrapping my head around summertime and waiting for fresh tomatoes!!! Would you share your recipe for the sweet/sour green beans? Plz?
    We’ve had to replant everything too and then spread 22 rolls of pine straw for mulch. This ol crippled back screamed for days afterward!!
    Just hope I live long enough to see the gardenias and jasmine and azaleas grow to peak!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.