January 8, 2021

SMALL PLEASURES FOR THE NEW YEAR

Cravings for comfort, coziness and contentment are shared
by many of us these days.

We have high hopes for a better year than last,
so why not do our best to create those feelings 
within our homes.
Simplicity and serenity go hand-in-hand to create an
atmosphere of cozy comfort!
These are small ways I have found to bring joy,
along with happiness to these early January days!

After years of getting up very early in the morning and rushing
off to work, it is indeed a pleasure to no longer rush into the morning
and take the time to savor a beautiful breakfast....
today was hot buttery buttermilk waffles topped with fresh berries!
A delight to the senses......

I just love this little Ball jar which I transformed
into a bit of winter look with just a few items I
had left over from Christmas......



A bit of artificial snow, a sprig of evergreen, a tiny tree and
some gingham ribbon....yes, I simply love it!


I adore these little glass mugs..and find them perfect
for a hot wintery beverage in the afternoons....
I bought these in Maine at The Christmas Tree Shop
and remembered we sipped a winter tea when it
was a bitterly cold snow day......


I chose this delightful Celestial Herbal Tea which
sounded perfect for January....Cranberry Vanilla...divine!!!


Now isn't this just beautiful....
tea in the afternoon can nurture yourself and is
considered a form of self-care.


You know by now, that I am a huge lover of
pretty paper napkins....I love bringing snowmen
in some form or fashion into winter days...
these are from Mackenzie-Childs and I just thought
they were vibrant and sweet!


After the Christmas décor has been carefully packed and put away,
it's time for a good deep cleaning and I like using Mrs. Meyer's
products.....this is my favorite winter scent.....


There is probably nothing more heartwarming on
a cold January day, than to plan on making 
a homemade soup for lunch....today,
it was my version of Broccoli Cheese Soup for two...
topped with a few green onions and extra cheddar!


I also love calendars that feature recipes and gardening tips...
this is a new Gooseberry Patch calender I received for Christmas
and each month will feature an easy recipe which has been
proven to be tried and true.....
January shared this delicious recipe for BBQ Sloppy Joe's....
perfect for a Sunday night dinner!


AFTER CHRISTMAS SALES......


I purchased this beautiful set of hand soaps
which I plan on using for the bathrooms
during the holiday season of 2021!


Working on puzzles is a terrific winter activity
which will help keep your mind sharp and your hands busy!
The darling is a puzzle master and I am a bit challenged
at doing a complete puzzle on my own!
This sweet little winter scene just spoke to me...
and so, THIS is my next at home activity!

NOTEWORTHY....The events that have unfolded this week
in Washington have been extremely upsetting and just plain horrifying.
It is nothing I have seen in my lifetime....
Prayers are needed for our nation.
Stay safe, stay well and strive to be happy and kind.
   

8 comments:

  1. Betsy, You and me girl...we love our pretty paper napkins. I love that puzzle picture. We drink those flavored teas when it cold ...and it is right now. I am ever so thankful for the mildness of our winter so far. Yes, I am sick over the things that are happening in our nation. Praying for all of us. Even the whacked ones. Blessings, keep safe, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear Susie....I want to share with you that we are expecting a bit of snow this weekend...I'm happy to hear you have a mild winter thus far....ha...yes, it appears that are plenty of "whacked minded" people out there...how did they become so ungrounded....hugs and blessings to you and those you love!

      Delete
  2. I relax the minute I see your blog appear in my email. I'm never. make that NEVER disappointed!
    and this post is no exception. it is full of winter charm and warmth.
    even the last paragraph describes how I feel.
    you are a dear Betsy. and your beautiful life that you so generously share with all of us is very much appreciated! stay safe and well dear heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the kindest and sweetest person Tammy...I value your visit and treasure your comments...I wish you happy healthy days ahead...warm hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  3. I love your calm cozy posts! You keep us grounded and remind us we have control over the spirit of our homes.
    I do love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Linda...this has made my day....to hear I love you....how very wonderful that is! You know I am probably your biggest fan!!!!Hugs and blessings from me to you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful post, my friend! Took my mind off the ugly stuff for a while...
    And since you made this post on the 8th, my birfday!, I thought it was a perfect bday gift....PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well.....please allow me to send you the happiest and warmest of birthday wishes Janey...celebrate your special day!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.