June 14, 2019

BEST EVER LEMON BARS FOR YOUR SUMMER GATHERING



OK....June has arrived, so it's time to entertain...in a casual style!
I am preparing to host an early Summer luncheon and
decided to serve my family's favorite Lemon Bars!!
I have made these for thirty plus years and they always receive rave reviews!


The theme is summer botanicals featuring this beautiful tablecloth
reflecting the bounty of summer fruits!
We are having a Peach Spritzer punch with fresh mint....


This heirloom plate belonged to Grandmother Estelle....
as did the milk glass plates shown in the photo above....


I had given the china dinnerware set matching these pieces to
my son and daughter-in-law but kept the dainty coffee cups and creamer!
I thought this went beautifully with this luncheon's theme!
A cup of coffee or tea will pair beautifully with a lemon bar!


This adorable trio will hold chicken salad, egg salad and pimento cheese
for small party rolls!


What is a summer luncheon without a lovely bowl of fresh fruit salad?


The centerpiece is a summer bouquet of cornflowers in my antique
milk glass vase which I purchased from ebay!


Guests will be welcomed with a chilled Rose' in a lavender goblet!
Now, let's move on to the recipe for the best ever Lemon Bars!


ESTELLE'S LEMON BARS
2 cups flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened

Mix and press into a 9 inch x 13 inch baking pan.
Bake at 350 F. for 25 minutes.

Lemon Mix
4 eggs, beaten well
2 cups sugar
1 t. baking powder
4 T. lemon juice

Mix above ingredients and pour over crust.


Bake at 350 F. for 30 minutes.
sprinkle with powdered sugar while warm.
Cut into bars when ready to serve!



7 comments:

  1. I love you dishes and glassware! Swooning here!

    I adore lemon and this recipe seems very simple! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never found a lemon bar recipe to top this one Deanna! My family loves them! Thanks for visiting today and have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. Betsy, You are a great cook. I love that you still make things your grandmother made. All the dishes look so summery. I also love the pretty flowers. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by today Susie...wishing you a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  3. You put so much thought into your presentations. Those lemon bars look heavenly! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you so much Jenn...hope your Summer is off to a great start...and, that is going to be fun-filled!

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so pretty and party ready. Lemon bars are some of my favorite things and yours look especially good. Pinterest here I come!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.