February 4, 2019

THE ULTIMATE CARROT CAKE FOR THE SUPERBOWL MENU



Hello Loves!
How was your weekend?
We had somewhat warm, humid, damp days on Saturday and Sunday.
We are even warming up into the 70's and I'll take it!
The darling is back to his golf game and that makes me a happy camper!
Would you believe I am still packing away Christmas decor?


Oh honey....if you are a Trader Joe's shopper, then
don't pass up the Chocolate Croissants....divine for Sunday brunch!


The darling sure does love his puzzles...another beauty
completed in two days!


Since neither one of us were too excited about this year's
Superbowl, we kept our celebration low key.
However, I have been wanting to make Miss Sue's Carrot Cake
for some time and decided this would be the perfect time to try it!


Every Southern girl needs to know how to bake a delicious Carrot Cake
and thanks to Sue.....who is one of the best bakers in the South,
I can be sure to feature this one on Mother's sideboard for family gatherings.
I should explain, that Sue was one of Miss Judy's coworkers and often
treated the office to her Carrot Cake.....highly anticipated and enjoyed by many!


I also made Eleanor's Mac N' Cheese....a family favorite!


For the main feature, I chose to prepare
Nashville Slow Cooker Hot Chicken!
This would be perfect for little slider buns, served
with homemade Ranch Dressing and cold pickles.


Good lord, what a boring football game this was!!!!!
But the food was delicious!


I remember enjoying the cake at halftime, but I've already
forgotten the half-time show......


There were several family text messages going back and forth
throughout the game.....even Luke was so bored,
he opted to finish homework during the third quarter!
It should have been THE SAINTS....that was a real 
disappointment....big time!


I know Mae Mo....ho-hum.......

3 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the game and from every report, I didn't miss a thing! I love a good carrot cake, and I have a recipe from my grandmother that we enjoy. I'll have to post it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was boring until it got exciting. ☺ You all had some great party food. That cake sounds mighty tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It should have been a great game between Brees & Mahomes! Your food looks DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.