September 15, 2018

NEW FALL FAVORITES


Now that we have returned from our trip out to California,
the decorating for fall continues......I know Mae Mobley
is content once again, now that her family is back at home!
Her cat nanny took great care of her and we received
daily photos and a written report on her...one being that she
had scattered her toys all over the living room, and
there was evidence of a pretty good time with a roll of toilet paper.....
sheer boredom I am sure!


While we were gone, my new order from
Grove Collaborative arrived with the
Mrs. Meyer's new fall scents....
oh my gosh y'all....these smell heavenly!
Hope you put these on your shopping list before they are gone!


I came across this lovely woven placemat this weekend,
which matches my Pier One coffee mug beautifully....


A darling little tea towel set.....


And of course, it's time to bake some Spice cupcakes.....


This sounded delicious,  so I added this to our coffee station...
a lovely Spiced Mocha in the mid-afternoon is just
what the doctor ordered....


My sweet son Greg turned me on to this new peanut butter
while we were visiting.....this is AMAZING!
We have always been a JIF family, but I think
I will keep this in the pantry for some time to come!


I don't know if you're like me, but I have to go shopping in our bins and choose the
right combination of colors and textures to create a vignette....it's a work in progress
and I am having a ball seeing old treasures....
this little glass pitcher on the left belonged to my grandmother,
so somewhere it will hold fresh florals among the velvet pumpkins....


This new addition is going to end up on the
farmhouse table....I absolutely love this!


I still don't know how the cozy corner in the foyer
is going to look, but I know it's going to be festive
and full of lights.....still gathering a plan so stay tuned.....
My You Tube favorites are way ahead of me in their home
decorating....sometimes I am amazed at how much seasonal decor
they have...don't you love being inspired by others who
love decorating as much as you do?

8 comments:

  1. Mae looks so content. You have some new food goodies and decorating goodies also. I can't wait to see you pretties. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie...hope you are ejoying a good weekend...still rather warm here, but fall is near....let's enjoy every minute...warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. I love all of your fall vignettes! So many beautiful pieces. Thank you for the tip about the peanut butter. I love Jiff too but am always open to trying something new. Welcome home and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Elizabeth....wishing you a lovely week also!

      Delete
  3. Welcome home! We are back from our cruise and starting our road trip home. I’m looking forward to catching up with everyone this week as we travel. Wasn’t San Francisco wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda...we had a marvelous visit....the food and sights were amazing, but the very best part was just hanging out with our son and daughter in law...your cruise sounds great and now seeing the countryside....safe travels!

      Delete
  4. oh little Mae Mobley! you are such an enchanting kitty! and to think of you decorating with toilet tissue!
    LOLOL!!! but of course you did! you missed your mama!
    and darling bean... I'm glad you enjoyed your wonderful California trip and you got home safe and sound.
    and inspired! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy....yes, I am sure she was not very happy but she did well. Hope you are enjoying a good start to the fall season....sending love and hugs!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.