August 3, 2018

MOTHER'S PEACH COBBLER....THE ULTIMATE SUMMER SWEET ENDING

We have a bit of summer remaining and I never
want to let the season pass without making Mother's Peach Cobbler.


Remember the conversation in Steel Magnolia's when
Truvy is talking about the fruit cobbler she refers to as
"cuppa, cuppa, cuppa"....that's about the entire directions
on this so,  so good cobbler.....


MOTHER'S PEACH COBBLER
8 ounces of butter
1 can of peach pie filling
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 t. baking powder
1 cup milk
Dash Nutmeg


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place 1 stick of butter in baking dish.
Melt butter in oven.
In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and milk.
Pour over the melted butter and top with peach pie filling...
DO NOT STIR.
Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake until golden brown...about 30-45 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.

9 comments:

  1. I can remember how good that tastes! I have a similar recipe and I always loved making it with any kind of fruit...even blackberries! Save me some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing I love more than making Mother's recipes...it keeps her with me.....I hope you make this for the last month of summer....I'm dreaming of fall, aren't you? Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. this looks amazing!! it's one of our favorites as well, we don't have peach pie filling here in Canada but I make it with fresh peaches too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besty, What a wonderful easy dessert. It sounds so good too. I bet you think of your mother every time you use her recipes. This is a great dessert to have a scoop of ice cream along side. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know there are several different kinds of cobbler. In this area, we tend to make the one with biscuit dough on top like cobblestones (thus the name cobbler). I have seen this type before though and it sounds easy. I think I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH!!! I have never had it made with canned peaches. I bet that is easy and delicious. Peach cobbler was my mother's favorite dessert and she liked it with fresh whipped cream. It might have been an edge ahead of elderberry pie! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG....your mom's handwriting looks exactly like my moms!!!!! I just must go get one of her recipe cards out to send you a pic. So crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty sometimes your recipes are so difficult to follow... no doubt because i'am not an incredibly experienced baker.. You say 1 stick of butter in one place thenn 8 oz in another place... Now the butter i will use comes in 4 oz sticks.. so do i use two sticks to make the 8 oz... ? And it would be nice to know what size dish you used... Thanks a bunch.. deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you are unable to follow the recipe....1 stick of butter equals 8 ounces. This bakes nicely in an 8" by 8" baking dish. I hope this clarifies your questions.

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.