August 14, 2018

THE DECORATING HAS BEGUN..BRING ON THE FALL

Hello Loves!
You know, perhaps it was our rainy weekend,
but something put me in the mood to finally
begin to decorate for the fall season!
I don't have concrete ideas just yet, so
I decided to just work my way through each room
and decided how I wanted it to look.
I added a few small touches beginning with the kitchen.....


It was love at first sight when I found this
beautiful oil and vinegar cruet set....


Doesn't this just make you happy.......


Oh, I love this....perfect for my organic olive oil.....


I added Balsamic Vinegar to the second dispenser and placed
them both right near the cooktop......


Is it my imagination or are the days getting a tiny bit shorter?


Now for the florals.....
These are my chosen colors for fall
in the kitchen....soft and subtle colors of coffee, cream and various
shades of lavender and deep purples.


This arrangement contains peonies,
hydrangeas and miniature roses.


I am really pleased with how this turned out
and as long as you love what you created with your own
two hands and creativity...then it's all good.


I probably will add some chunky candlesticks, but
for now....this is the first layering piece.


In the formal dining room....
I like using deep, rich autumn colors.....


There will be more added to Mother's buffet,
but this was a great start to the transformation......


In the formal living room, I wanted a rather opulent
arrangement on the piano.....


It's vibrant and all arranged in my favorite animal print vase....


Both Mother and my Mother-in-law, loved using big bunches
of eucalyptus in the fall....I can still remember that marvelous smell...


There is something so romantic about autumn colors....
doesn't it make you dream about that one perfect day in
October that seems to belong only to you......

12 comments:

  1. it looks lovely, the warm harvest colors are my favorite, I think many of us think of Fall as our favorite season,, you have created a beautiful warm cosy Fall home,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Laurie...what kind comments...I love having you visit and certainly appreciate such a lovely comment. Hope you are having a great week!

      Delete
  2. I love the rich elegant colors! And that cruet set is spot on!
    So....did you dry the flowers yourself? It’s a beautiful arrangement!
    Preparing for Fall! Layer by layer! It’s what we do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda...no I did not dry the flowers...they are silk florals, which will last for many years. I do not have the talent for drying my own flowers....if only we had cool days, I might be more proactive about decorating. We have plenty of time though, don't we?

      Delete
  3. Betsy, I loved this post. I liked how you described having one perfect day for ourselves. I do love your color combinations in all the floral bouquets. I do not play any musical instrument but I love seeing a polished piano in homes. Blessings to you , xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie...thank you for visiting today...I love hearing from you...you probably will have autumn temps sooner than we do, and how wonderful that will be! Hugs!

      Delete
  4. I think the Fall colors are the prettiest in our homes. I can't wait to get my stuff out...oh and the wonderful Fall candles! You have so many pretty things! Enjoy your afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful fall home. Even though I love fall I have decided to put off decorating for a few more weeks. I want to enjoy Summer for as long as I can. I never thought of coffee colors being fall inspired, but I guess they are. I love how they look in your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cozy family home....you always make it warm for us!
    I chuckled today as I was cleaning out my garage...ugh, solar panel guys came to update and they dismantled all my shelving and put all the stuff scattered on the garage floor...was not a happy lady today, but I digress.
    I chuckled because as I was organizing, I realized I have more fall decor than any other season!! But I will not let myself begin the decorating until after Labor Day. I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you Janey...I would not have been happy either. I look forward to seeing your fall decor and I hope you have a tremendous amount of fun with it this season.

      Delete
  7. oh I'm so late to the party always! for some reason my email notifies me late of new posts. but like jmac! I digress. :D
    Autumn has been my favorite season my whole life! even as a child. and most children love summer! ah well.
    these photos are so beautiful and sumptuous! thank you darling bean! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore those deep rich tones! Autumn is my favorite season! So much beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.