May 19, 2018

CHEESY BAKED POTATO GNOCCHI


I came across this recipe from The Wicked Noodle Blog and
knew it was going to be a perfect side dish with grilled steak!
I have made it twice since then, and everyone wanted the recipe!
It was the first time I had prepared gnocchi and I have no idea
what I was waiting for.
It is a simple recipe to prepare and just delightful
paired with a fresh salad!
I halved the recipe which was perfect for four people.
You can find the original recipe here!



CHEESY BAKED POTATO GNOCCHI
2 pounds gnocchi
1/4 cup butter
2 garlic cloves minced
3-4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 5 ounce can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups half & half
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided kosher salt & freshly ground black Black Pepper

Preheat oven to 375F.
Prepare gnocchi according to package directions.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet. Add garlic cloves and sauté over medium heat for 1-2 minutes (do not brown garlic, turn heat down if necessary). Whisk in flour until thick, cook for another 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly. Slowly add evaporated milk, then half & half, whisking constantly, until no lumps remain and mixture is thickened and bubbling. 
Stir in 2 cups shredded cheese until incorporated.

Place cooked gnocchi in a baking dish. Add cheese mixture and combine thoroughly. Sprinkle remaining cup of shredded cheese over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.


1 comment:

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.