March 6, 2018

ATLANTA VISIT PART ONE


Hello Lovies!
HAPPY SPRING AND HAPPY MARCH!
Honey, let me just say, we are happy campers!
Just returned from a lovely fun-filled visit with
the Divine Miss M and her family!
It had been one year since we had visited with each other
and we were all in need to see each other.
We packed alot into these few days, so I will start with
our arrival late afternoon on Thursday.
My darling was a love and booked us into first class
so we had much more leg room and some
light fortification which we needed to go
through the Atlanta-Hartsfield airport.


The dogwoods, rosebuds and forsythia were all in bloom
around Atlanta....it is SO BEAUTIFUL here!
This is a tad early for them to bloom so I am afraid
by April, their blooms will be spent...it's a good thing
Easter is early this year.


Of course, Miss M had fresh blooms in the kitchen,
and I marveled at everything new!


Oh at last.....our sweet LUKE THE DUKE....
yes, he had grown several inches taller and
was funnier than ever..just love this boy!


We all had a marvelous first evening
and Miss M cooked up a gorgeous meal
for hungry travelers!


This all in one chicken-veggie dinner was just
what was needed!


And....it was delightful to see our Piper Rose again...
she is sweet, calm and beyond gorgeous!


I love these visits....our cocktail hours can go from
laughing to crying when talking about our  memories......


I think our visit did Jay some good....I love seeing him laugh
and relax, as his job is a stressful one.....
there is much to see and tell about, so I will post more 
of our trip in later posts....y'all will want to see 
a few of the historic homes we toured in Roswell....pre civil-war
that were spared from destruction when Sherman marched through Atlanta.
Miss M and I worked on a decorating project also which turned
out to be so cute!
I look forward to catching up with y'all...
As wonderful as our visit was, it is good to be home and
back with Mae Mobley!

7 comments:

  1. I know how special it is to visit with your daughter and family! As easy as it is to stay in contact through technology there is nothing like an in person visit! Luke is a cutie and so is Piper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I know Mae was happy to have you back. Your Luke is indeed growing. I love that you were in the kitchen with your family, the heart of most homes. Looking forward to more posts of this trip. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A year? I had no idea it had been that long! I know your heart is so full now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Betsy, I know you were beyond thrilled to see your daughter and her family! I would have a VERY hard time going a year without seeing our son. :) Sometimes though, life is like that, isn't it? I'm sure you all had a wonderful time together -- I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time just goes way to quickly between visits and as well as time spent. Your visit will fill you up until the next time, thank goodness for social media. I am looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip and all the great memories you have made. It is good to go away and I agree, good to get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you had such an enjoyable time, Betsy. It is hard when family is far away and even more so when there are grandkids involved. Facetime, etc.is just not the same as being there in person. Flowers are gorgeous and the food looks great. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that’s wonderful! I hadn’t seen my daughter for two weeks and that was too long for me. I can only imagine how sweet it was to see your family again.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.